• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former player/coach Charles Oakley rips Barkley, KG, Perkins

King Taharqa

ept_sports_nba_experts-547683470-1248708345.jpg?ym6r1oBDhYh0lByr

Former NBA star and legendary tough guy Charles Oakley tosses out compliments like man-hole covers.

However, the criticism is free-flowing.

Appearing on Jim Rome's radio show, he called Charles Barkley a coward, Kevin Garnett a faux tough guy and blamed Kendrick Perkins for getting dunked on.

On Garnett: "He's one of the weakest guys to ever play the game. He's a complementary player and went to Paul Pierce's team and won a championship. I wouldn't consider him a top 10 tough guy."

On Barkley: "Barkley for his size was a good player but he's a coward though ... he wasn't a leader and wasn't a role model. Now he talks so bad about younger guys, I don't respect that from him. … He's wants to be funny, that whole TNT thing and all that, they're like some clowns on that show."

On Perkins: "He's just like Garnett. They holler and complain. If Kendrick Perkins would play basketball, Oklahoma City would win a championship the next three or four years … you're a power forward, you don't let guys dunk on you. I played 18, 19 years I got dunked on 3 times ..."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/02/charles-oakley-doesnt-care-for-barkley-or-garnett/1#.T0XCN4z0Rkg

Oak is a former Bobcat Coach and one of MJ's best buddies. I'm glad he's telling it like it is.

I credit Oakley's coaching and Silas' motivating ways for the improvement of Kwame Brown last year. I also think Oakley could do wonder for Biz's game..especially being so raw...Oakley could mold Biz into an enforcer.

I hope his back heals and he can return to coaching sooner rather than later.

Oakley has some nice comments. I like this one on James when asked if he'd compare him to Michael Jordan:

“I wouldn’t put them in the same conversation.

“It took a while for Michael to win championships too, but they have a different swagger, a different demeanor. If I would compare anybody to Michael Jordan, it would be Kobe Bryant. Point blank. I know LeBron well; he don’t have what Michael have so I’m not even gonna discuss that one.

“To be a superstar (LeBron) has to go back to his fundamentals… work on his post game, work off the ball.”

Archived