• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes fans VS Panthers fans

ProfessorPeppers

I am sure the crowd was rockin' last night. But, you ain't seen nothing yet. I was at Game 7 of the Finals in 2006 when we won it all. I have NEVER seen anything like that night. The sound was unbelievably loud the entire game....and no one ever sat down.

Hockey fans are completely insane....

Well, it's a whole different mentality in Raleigh. The Canes are the only professional club they have there, so ever since they arrived there, they received strong support from the city. It's weird though, because there isn't really a lot of state-wide recognition for the Canes. It's unfortunate, because Hockey is a great sport, and if more people could watch it and get into it, it would be much bigger. The Canes fan base really reminds me of the Charlotte Hornets back in the 90's though.

Im a psl holder and I can say without a doubt Cane fans are light years ahead of panther fans. I went to the playoff game friday night and never in my life saw an atmosphere like that. The place was just crazy. They were doing all kinds of different chants throughout the whole game and they were sooooo LOUD! The whole arena thing is just a lame excuse by the panther fans because they are jealous by what they have going on in raleigh. Besides, there are 54,000 more fans at the panther games which should more than make make up for not having a roof over the stadium. It was the fans that made that place electric! When I went to the canes game just about everyone at the arena had on a hurricanes jersey. Go to a panthers game and maybe a third of the stadium is wearing panther gear, another third is wearing polo gear, and the other third is wearing opposing fan gear. Its not even debatable! Cane fans are far more louder and far more passionate about their team and they have had it for 3 less years than charlotte has had the panthers. And to the one that said they're only like that because they won the stanley cup, I suggest you get a clue! That place was rocking even before the cup. The panthers were in the super bowl and were minutes away from winning it and the atmosphere at BOA is still the same laid back and quiet stadium its always been. Even had they won it the atmosphere would still be the same. And it has nothing to do with raleigh vs charlotte. It has everything to do with cane fans just being flat out better than panther fans!

Ive lived in both raleigh and charlotte. Charlotte is a much nicer city than Raleigh but the sport fans are just terrible unless they're watching cars driving around in circles for 5 hours. They have a LOOOONG way to go before they can match the passion of raleigh sports fans. Its completely night and day.

Charlotte fans in general seem to be flakier than Raleigh fans. I mean, put the Bobcats in the RBC Center and I could almost guarantee more fans than in Charlotte

You must have NEVER been to a Hornets game (playoffs taboot)

This whole Raleigh/Charlotte rivalry is simply asinine and childish...

I went to a couple of those playoff games when I was a kid and I can tell you the canes atmosphere is still much better than that was. I wasnt aware Raleigh and charlotte had a rivalry. If they did its new to me. But I can honestly say as a charlottean that if the panthers or bobcats were in raleigh they would get much better fan support than what they get down here. I would have no problem driving to raleigh every week to see the panthers if I knew we could have a rockin stadium, like they have at the RBC center. Thats something that you rarely ever see in charlotte.

nope, I was too young to have appreciated it before the team left so I can't speak to that, I've just been to panthers games and it was hard for me at first going from State football games to Panthers games because of how laid back the atmosphere is there and yes I know there is a difference in college and pro, but just saying

The Hornets in the early-mid 90's had the best attendance in the league; The Hive was ridiculous. But yeah it's stupid, we like the same teams, why argue about stupid crap like this?

Only at BOA stadium is it possible to get dirty looks and sometimes get ejected for cheering loudly!Seems like most folks are only there as a social event and care less how the team is doing.Seems like most folks there prefer it quiet so they can talk and gossip about nonfootball related topics and when I'm trying to be the 12th man,they can't hear themselves talk so they give me dirty looks!

got to throw my 2 bits in here...which is only currently worth about 19 cents at the current rate...

as a live long hockey fan, I have to say that there is something about watching a live hockey game...there's just always something going on. Throw in the fact that it is a playoff game and look out, you are in for a wild ride. That being said, I've been to a few football games at Qwest that honestly match the noise and intensity of said hockey game and I've also been to a few hockey games where you were sure you were going to fall asleep. So, for me, it truly depends on where you are and what the circumstance is.

Archived