• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

Bringing back the Hornets name won't improve play on the court (that will come with time,) but it signals a step away from what was, frankly, an awful era in Charlotte professional basketball history.

I'm fully aware that towards the end of their stay in the Queen City, the Hornets were not the glamorous, small market, Thunder-before-the-Thunder team of the 90s, but George Shinn was a pariah in the city and everyone wanted him out. Seeing what amounted to a "we're sorry Shinn screwed you" gift from Stern "compete" in the NBA made alot of people take a step back and remember what it was like when professional basketball in Charlotte was fun. In fairness, the Bobcats had those moments, but you can count them on one hand.

It's one thing if the market is frustrated with the poor performance of a franchise, but Charlotte is downright apathetic when it comes to the Bobcats.

I don't agree with KT's assessment, but I respect it.

Bonnell shut it down pretty hard. lol id hope your boss doesnt get in trouble for this if its actually true

As I clearly stated, my boss NEVER said anything about a name change. ALL she said was that there was big news coming soon that effected the entire Bobcats organization. That is all I know. I have no freaking clue what it is about, and it likely will be dissapointing news like everything else when we get our hopes too high. That is why I said in the opening post "any idea." I was wondering if anybody knew something I didn't. MY BOSS NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A NAME CHANGE. It just seemed odd how it was put. I have no idea what it is about. That is all I will say for now, and I will try to find out anything new that I can and keep everyone up to date with what I find out.

Atleast this is a reasonable argument. I got over it years ago. But, I still think that bringing the name back would be the best thing for the franchise. Well maybe winning some games would help too.

For me personally, I dont support the Bobcats because they never interested me. I moved from Charlotte about 8 years ago. I still love the Panthers and I would still love the Hornets because the memories of going to Panther and Hornets games are what ties me to my hometown. Just my $.02

Agree with this post.

I rag the Bobcats because they don't interest me. And it's partially not their fault. The NBA shouldn't have let the Hornets leave. But what's done is done, and I've been over the Hornets leaving years ago, but my interest in the NBA has taken a huge hit. The NBA(when I was 12-19) was my my favorite sport bar none. Now? I'd rank it slightly above international soccer.

The Hornets were my team. When they left, it broke my heart.

My g/f is from Akron, Ohio and all of her family lives up there still. Ask them about the significance of a "name". I guarentee you the city would have a similar feel that we do if they wouldn't have got the name the Browns back. The Cleveland Hawks or some sh1t like that wouldn't have the same feel and the team would suffer (more than they already do, lol).

As I clearly stated, my boss NEVER said anything about a name change. ALL she said was that there was big news coming soon that effected the entire Bobcats organization. That is all I know. I have no freaking clue what it is about, and it likely will be dissapointing news like everything else when we get our hopes too high. That is why I said in the opening post "any idea." I was wondering if anybody knew something I didn't. MY BOSS NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A NAME CHANGE. It just seemed odd how it was put. I have no idea what it is about. That is all I will say for now, and I will try to find out anything new that I can and keep everyone up to date with what I find out.

i get ya but things like this go viral sometimes, already seen it on BCP, ROF, realgm etc. dangerous

Just saying I'd rather come across an overgrown orange housecat in the woods than a nest of angry hornets.

Yeah don't feed the troll, bro. It's Obvious KT has the mental capacity of a 14 year old because once you make a legit point or counter his argument, he results to calling names and homophobia.

KT is the worst poster on this board.

Well whether u like the Hornets or not, a name change would change the feeling of the team and move away from the Robert Johnson debacle.

Robert Johnson's debacle got a team back in my home city. He's alright in my book.

Heres an idea for your avatar

eeyore2.gif

thanks I will consider that. All joking aside, I would say that the majority of the bobcat fans live outside of Charlotte/Mecklenburg.

I'd bet a majority of the people defending the bobcats in this thread don't live in Charlotte.

"Team" isn't exactly a word I would use when describing the Bobcats.

you already said you bandwagoned them in the past. I'm sure you'll do it again when they're good. thats why you're opinion on anyhting about the team right now shouldn't really be valued. You'll support the team when they're good, or you'll looks like even more a douche than you do now. thats how it is with most people around here anyway. same thing as when I go to a Panthers game and see half the crowd is wearin other teams gear

Archived