• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Movie You Watched

nickzz

Went and saw "The Five Year Engagement!" Pretty cute if you can overlook some nudity and language.

Overlook the nudity and language?

Did you forget which group you are talking to?

These people would never overlook the nudity. Unless it was that Kathy Bates hot tub scene.

Theater - The Pirates! Band of Misfits. Saw it with the kids. I love animated films (one of the perks of having kids, excuses to go watch all of these "kids" movies) but I was slightly disappointed by this one. Not as funny as I thought it would be.

Home - Pirates of the Carribbean: On Stranger Tides. Hmmmm...I must be on a pirate kick. Have had it on BR for months and never had a chance to watch it. It was ok, not as good as the first 2 of the series but better than the 3rd one.

I have the most recent Planet of the Apes also on BR and will hopefully watch that this weekend some time.

Theater - Dark Shadows, last night in RPX (slightly curved screen for a little more realistic picture). I enjoyed it more than the original series..

The original took itself more seriously than the movie does. If no one told you, you would still know this is a Tim Burton film. If you don't like his stuff, I doubt you will like this.

Lots of classic hits from the early '70s. (thumbs up)

Special effects and production are worlds better than the series (to be expected / no boom mike shadows)

A time or two it seemed disjointed, I think there was storyline content left on the film editor's floor, but a nice nostalgia trip for those that remember the original series.

After the movie, I felt it was an enjoyable evening, money well spent.

I'll give it :) :) :) :) :wacko:

Archived