• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This isn't going to happen. Atleast anytime soon. Rebranding would cost hundreds of millions that the Bobcats do not have. We will be stuck with the crappy Bobcats for a long time. But all that matters to me is the product that is on the court. If we have a good team I wouldnt care if we were called the penis'

Ha, first the cost of a rebrand was "$3-$5 Million". By the end of the first week of our little Movement, somehow the cost had skyrocketed to "$5-$10 Million" (inflation, I guess ;) ). Now it's hundreds of millions?!? Let's agree that it doesn't cost more than the franchise's total value to change the colors on some tank tops and stationary.

Whatever the cost, it'd be worth it. Couple it with a few solid years of Cho-ball, a total eradication of the buddy-buddy cronyism that's reduced our front office/coaching staff to some sort of twisted 'Daddy Day Care', and some homerun lottery picks, and we're having an entirely different discussion in 2-3 years. We wouldn't be talking about 'Owning Tomorrow'. We'd be owning Wednesday, the month of May, and the rest of the motherlovin' calendar. This city would BELONG to the Hornets. And for the first time in a long time, this city would be proud it did.

Lots and lots of things have to start going right for this franchise to turn itself around; anyone can see that. A lot of those things are up to the whims of the fates...but one isn't...

MAKE THE CHANGE, MIKE!!!

Rumors floating around on new orlean's board about possible rebrands...

http://www.hornetsreport.com/HRForums/showthread.php?69291-SI-thinks-a-rebrand-is-on-the-way/page6

Since this story broke, I contacted a relative that has worked with the team since it moved here, about the possiblity of a rebrand and what rumblings that might be going on inside the office. I was told that names are being floated around amongst many of the workers and most of them are what people are giving up on this site. Jazz is the front runner but it sort of a dream more than a reality. I propsed both Krewe and Brass, and was told that they are favorites throughout followed by Voodoo, Creoles, Breakers and Pelicans.

An idea was floated to get the name VooDoo from the AFL team and the (Hornets) would cover the cost for a rebrand next year and the football team would become the Breakers. I kinda' liked this idea. My cousin told me that people have become less apprehensive about doing away with the Hornets name since the majority of the workers are local and would like to see the new team name tied into the city. I was told that they all pretty much had to walk on eggshells under the former regime (Shinn) and many weren't too keen on the uniform update a few years ago since like many of us has said, it looked too much like the old Charlotte uniforms.

Although nothing is official, they believe that a change is imminent and most of them love Hugo and the effort that they have put into making the team more NOLA, it's just that "starting fresh" seems to be the ultimate goal and theme floating through the office at this point. And the majority is on board and looking forward to it! With that being said, I took the liberty of forwarding my cousin the concepts that I have created and posted here on the site.

People are in love with the Krewe!

I asked if there was any way that my designs could fall into say Monty, Dell or some higher up's hands, but was told that it's possible but there are channels to go through. They will work on it. I'm just afraid of the league getting ahold of my designs and me not getting any compensation for them! Not to say that I wouldn't be proud or anything. Just dissapointed! Either way, that's about all that I can offer on the subject from an inside POV.

That Bobby Phills jersey hanging in the rafters in NO belongs here, so does Hugo! To me the NBA should set things right and not charge either franchise to make the changes. When you don't listen to your customer is when you FAIL.

When the NBA left Seattle the "SuperSonics" name stayed. Letting Shinn take the "Hornets" name was a big mistake and a slap in the face to the market. Giving a city back their team would be a good apology.

Oh I forgot, we're soooooo lucky we even got an NBA team again! If this team doesn't listen to their customer history will repeat itself.

I think it'd be cool to get the name back, but it is certainly not going to make me buy tickets to see a shitty product.

Well then hopefully both can happen and please the market and fans from both the business and win side of things. Win win win win win

waits for Charlotte fans to point out how loyal they were 20 years ago, but havent been since...

That's because the Hornets were a good team 20 years ago....something that your great Bob Johnson or Michael Jordan have yet to do. The Bobcats have sucked every year.

Hornets...14 years in Charlotte and 7 playoff appearances

Bobcats...8 years in Charlotte and 1 playoff appearance...and now the worst team in maybe the history of the NBA

This team has screwed up every trade, draft pick, etc that they have had. Combo of Johnson/Jordan has proven to be pathetic at best.

That's because the Hornets were a good team 20 years ago....something that your great Bob Johnson or Michael Jordan have yet to do. The Bobcats have sucked every year.

Hornets...14 years in Charlotte and 7 playoff appearances

Bobcats...8 years in Charlotte and 1 playoff appearance...and now the worst team in maybe the history of the NBA

This team has screwed up every trade, draft pick, etc that they have had. Combo of Johnson/Jordan has proven to be pathetic at best.

Couldn't have said it better!!!

Changing the outlook to a different brands gives us the fresh start that we so desperately need!

Ha, first the cost of a rebrand was "$3-$5 Million". By the end of the first week of our little Movement, somehow the cost had skyrocketed to "$5-$10 Million" (inflation, I guess ;) ). Now it's hundreds of millions?!? Let's agree that it doesn't cost more than the franchise's total value to change the colors on some tank tops and stationary.

Whatever the cost, it'd be worth it. Couple it with a few solid years of Cho-ball, a total eradication of the buddy-buddy cronyism that's reduced our front office/coaching staff to some sort of twisted 'Daddy Day Care', and some homerun lottery picks, and we're having an entirely different discussion in 2-3 years. We wouldn't be talking about 'Owning Tomorrow'. We'd be owning Wednesday, the month of May, and the rest of the motherlovin' calendar. This city would BELONG to the Hornets. And for the first time in a long time, this city would be proud it did.

Lots and lots of things have to start going right for this franchise to turn itself around; anyone can see that. A lot of those things are up to the whims of the fates...but one isn't...

MAKE THE CHANGE, MIKE!!!

Thank you John for Giving this movement the flame that it needed! Swarming the hive was truly epic, and anyone that witnessed it first hand knows how passionate the city is about IT"S HISTORIC NAME!!!

Archived