• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon Hogan...

Donald LaFell

131 members have voted

1. 1. How do you envision Brandon Hogan...

• A starter across Gamble who will solidify the secondary...
    • I like him better than Munnerlynn, but I still want a CB Day 1
    • He's not going to work out at all.

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same 2 plays.. you'll have to be more specific. He only played in 3 games, there are only a handful to recall from memory.

The plays were against the Saints, so it is very likely we are. For some reason I thought that on one of Brees' touchdown passes Hogan was out of place and while the throw was excellent, Hogan got beat, but I could be wrong here. I will see if I can find highlights later, but I can't look atm, at work. My memory is better for stats than it is for specific details of plays unfortantely.

by no means do I think we should discard him but I did think he had gotten beat a time or two. I'm willing to admit I may be mistaken.

I actually talked to him yesterday. He said he was electronically clocked at a 4.19 by the coaching staff and that he feels better than ever. He's been working out with Hulk Hogan recently (hence the earlier comments from a member saying he's been eating his vitamins and saying his prayers) and that he plans on running wild on the league.

Did he have a rocket strapped to his ass?

The plays were against the Saints, so it is very likely we are. For some reason I thought that on one of Brees' touchdown passes Hogan was out of place and while the throw was excellent, Hogan got beat, but I could be wrong here. I will see if I can find highlights later, but I can't look atm, at work. My memory is better for stats than it is for specific details of plays unfortantely.

by no means do I think we should discard him but I did think he had gotten beat a time or two. I'm willing to admit I may be mistaken.

I don't think you're bashing Hogan.. Both announcers commended Hogan for great coverage and basically said he was a victim of a perfect pass..

one was in the endzone, back corner. the other was an out route or a comeback toward the sidelines.. Brees put both right on the money.

I do not remember the play anymore but I was fairly certain he got beat once or twice for huge gains. Considering how frequently it happened to us overall I didn't exactly mark the play down but I am fairly certain he had a couple miscues in coverage. Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think so.

Hogan only got be against drew brees when he threw some perfectly throne passe in the last game of the season. Thats it, that was the only time he was really tested last year especially since he came on and off the field in certain packages.

Ball skills really have nothing to do with getting burned though.

The reason there are questions about Dre's coverage skills are because he isn't that fluid in his turns when covering a WR. He can use his physicality but that can only take you so far.

As far as the poll, I selected "I like him better than Munnerlynn, but I still want a CB Day 1."

Not really sure If I can say for certain that he is better than Munnerlyn but he can't be much worse. Will need to see more of him. But based on promise I'd put him ahead of him. Having said that, I'm not sure I trust him fully to be our #2 CB. There are several CBs in the draft, namely Claiborne and Jenkins, who in all likelihood be upgrades and start opposite Gamble.

What do u mean??? If the ball is in ther air and a db is covering a receiver and cant locate it to get his hands on it to catch or swat then they are not stopping the receiver from catching it if its a well throne ball. Dre definitely got burned on these last year and the year before that, there are highlights on youtube man.

What do u mean??? If the ball is in ther air and a db is covering a receiver and cant locate it to get his hands on it to catch or swat then they are not stopping the receiver from catching it if its a well throne ball. Dre definitely got burned on these last year and the year before that, there are highlights on youtube man.

The term getting burned usually means just getting beat off the snap, not being able to cover a guy. Dre isn't as fluid as some of the smaller, quicker, CBs and that can cause some problems with him.

I watch a good bit of SEC football don't need to watch highlights on youtube.

Hogan has the ability to be a starter in this league.

If we had the chance to draft a can't miss blue chip player, than yes, I expect the Panthers would draft him.

I don't see the Panthers drafting a CB in the first for the sake of drafting a CB. That seems to be the mentality of

a lot of Panther fans, and I just don't understand it. Throw bodies at the position, never mind we have many other needs to, and CB may not be BPA.

Teams have to be strong in the trenches. Having another CB before the front line gets addressed, is wasting time and effort as far as I'm concerned. You want a good secondary, but without the front line being strong, and effective, the good secondary will be wasted, as even a good secondary cannot cover much more than a few seconds.

Archived