• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking like Champ and DJ Williams are gonna play

unicar15

If anything, I think that having Champ Bailey back will help Steve Smith. When a player has a supposed "shutdown corner", they tend to try to go one on one with Smitty. That's when he does his damage.

It may slow down our running game though, since they will most likely stack eight in the box.

To play devil's advocate, didn't Nnamdi Asomugha go one-on-one with Smith most of the Oakland game?

Asomugha is what Champ Bailey was 5 years ago.... he is the current SHUT DOWN corner in the league
bailey ins't the CB that is to be feared anymore. asomugha is much better than bailey.

imo.....champ bailey = rhonde barber. used to be awesome. now gonna get abused.

just cause champ is back doesn't mean he is healthy, either. he hsa been hurt a lot this year and it isn't likely that he is going to be anywher close to 100% which, even at that, is nowhere near where he used to be. go look at his stats and see how often QBs throw at the man he is covering. they aren't afraid to throw in his direction....not like they are asomugha.

Champ Bailey is still studly. If I remember rightly from the Denver games I've seen though, they tend to follow our system of keeping Bailey on one side (the same side as Gamble - which is the strong side I think). As we move Smith about a lot I'm sure he'll find some favourable matchups.

Champ Bailey is still studly. If I remember rightly from the Denver games I've seen though, they tend to follow our system of keeping Bailey on one side (the same side as Gamble - which is the strong side I think). As we move Smith about a lot I'm sure he'll find some favourable matchups.

agreed, he always manages to get some good match ups on his side.

Archived