• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pantherj Final Mock Draft

pantherj

Assuming the big 6 picks are off the board:

1st - OT Riley Reiff

Reiff is a good pass blocker, and he's a great run blocker. If Otah can't return from injury, or goes down with an injury at any point during the season, then we're still in great shape with Reiff, who can take his place. Assuming Otah is healthy for most of the season, we can use Reiff at either guard postion. If Gross goes down with injury, we have a high quality answer. This pick is based mosty on two major factors: 1.) I don't believe Otah will make it through even half the season, and 2.) I think he can be our starting RT for the next decade or more. You don't go into a season with a ? at RT when you have Cam Newton at QB. Nothing is worth that risk.

Assuming Gilmore, Jenkins, Kirkpatrick, and Jones are gone:

2nd - DT Jerel Worthy

Just like with Reiff, I'm looking for a player who can play multiple positions at a high level. Worthy can play either the 1-tech NT, or 3-tech UT very well. The injury bug killed what could have possibly been a winning season if had depth. It can happen all over again if we make the wrong choices in this draft. Versatility is key, and Worthy provides it in spades. Worthy has the strengh to play NT and take on double teams, or play UT and get pressure on the QB via penetration into the pocket, allowing the DEs to get the sack. Worthy is not fast enough to run down the QB in most situations, he needs the DEs to be there when he pressures the QB. As an added bonus, if Worthy is at UT, you can forget teams running the ball at him. He is a badass against the run.

4th - CB Chase Minnifield

I love ball hawking corners who can catch just about anything in their reach. You make a mistake and don't put the ball exactly where needs to be, and Chase will pick it off. He's not that strong as far as tackling is concerned, and he doesn't have the best change of direction, or elite speed. I still love this guy, he's an INT waiting to happen. He has instincts that can't be taught, elite hands and body control to go up and contest passes.

5th - OLB Sean Spence

When you take a LB in the 5th round, you have to give up something. You're probably not getting a player who does everything well, so you pick and choose what you value. With Spence you lose some strength and size, but I choose him for his quickness, blitzing abilty, pass coverage ability, and high football IQ. I think he's going to be a 5th rounder due to his size, lack of ability to disengage from large blockers, and tackle big RBs ect. My hope is that he can add some serious weight and still maintain his quickness.

6th - Christian Thomson FS, South Carolina State

Hello special teams. Good speed and can really tackle well. You know there is actually a decent amount of video footage of this guy? Ah the internet.

7th: Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State

We can use him for punt returns.

dont know much anout the 6th and 7th picks but i like the rest of the draft alot

Christian Thomson FS, South Carolina State

Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State

And the rest :

OT Riley Reiff

DT Jerel Worthy

CB Chase Minnifield

OLB Sean Spence

I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing that this fanbase cant agree on what position we should be drafting. I kinda liked that draft, but ive liked several on here that ive seen. As long as we end up with a good player with good potential, im happy.

Archived