• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck Talks Like Andre The Giant

I love that all the analysis on Luck here is based upon having feelings hurt and not actual play.

My feelings were hurt before we got Cam, now I'm totally satisfied with Cam and wish Luck all the best... just have a gut feeling that he's going to bust (or a least not be anywhere near as successful as projected).

There's just something about the kid personality-wise that's missing IMO. When I watch him talk about football, I don't see or hear a passion for the game. When you listen to guys like Peyton and Brady (and Cam) talk about football, you hear an intensity, focus and passion that I just don't hear when Luck talks about it. Maybe that's just his personality, IDK, but it seems like something is missing to me.

He appeared to enjoy taking classes at Stanford just as much (or more) they he enjoyed playing football. He stayed one more year, even when his coach left and he was the consensus # 1 pick to spend a little more time hanging out on campus where he was comfortable. I think he enjoys playing football, and he's good at it, but I'm not sure if he's passionate about it?

I know Peyton Manning stayed one more year, but that was because he and his advisers felt he needed one more year to develop and get ready for the NFL. Luck's situation was different, he was ready and here's what should be his life-long dream sitting right in front of him and he passes to spend a little more time hanging out on campus and taking classes?

Folks will play the "he didn't want to come here" card, but I seriously doubt that's true... hanging back one more year to avoid playing for a particular team is a big risk, you can end up in MUCH worse situation the following year (Cleveland anyone?). If you're the # 1 overall pick and you're in line to be drafted by a team you don't want to play for you simply pull an Elway/Eli on them to get to a team you do want to play for.

Only time will tell, but when I watch this kid talk about football something is missing.

Catman72 nailed it. Csx is the guy who pops up in every thread to be a debbie downer just to look different.

If you are going to make a blanket statement about everyone here atleast back it up.

I don't think Luck will be a total bust but with his expectations being having a cam newton level type of rookie campaign.. I wish him look win the roster the colts are building around him.

I was ticked when he stayed in school but I am more than happy to have Cam. If I had a choice to take Cam or Luck right now I would take Cam without doubt. It also annoys me about the hype this guy is getting and he hasnt even taken a snap in the NFL. For 2 years I have been hearing how he is John Elway incarnate but better. I have watched him play 4-5 games and he is a hell of a quaterback but maybe its just me I never came away saying man this guy is out of this world.(and ya ive seen his highlite videos).

When he decided to stay in I got real sick of hearing the backhanded comments from writers and ESPN about how luck decided to stay in school over being the panthers QB.

He also had a uncanny power running game to work with. Stanfords O-line curb stomped most d-line's they came across. Might be a another story with a Ray Lewis led D on the other side.

Im not hating on the guy just sick of all the hype with him.

I read Ric Flair's autobiography last summer and there is basically a chapter dedicated to Andre the Giant. Flair mentions in the book that one night in downtown Charlotte (in the early 80s) he watched Andre the Giant drink 125 beers.

Thats epic.

Archived