• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prometheus

twylyght

GI jane and onward.

i think gladiator is overrated (not bad mind you just overrated,) kingdom of heaven was a disaster (though i haven't seen the director's cut and i hear it's an entirely different film,) black hawk down's back end flat out sucks and american gangster was mediocre. Matchstick men, meh, hannibal and robin hood were terrible...

honestly, i just expect more out of him... Blade Runner and Alien are two of my favorite movies and I think Legend and Thelma and Louise are great. White Squall is pretty good too. Maybe my expectations are too high but I just kinda feel like he's been mailing it in for the last 12 years or so.

that's not to say I'm not really excited about prometheus... I am.

Do want. As much as I am excited about this as marking the return of Ridley Scott, I am more excited about the potential of this giving a much needed jolt of vigor and new life to the Sci-Fi genre.

Avatar is the biggest sci-fi movie in recent memory? Really?

Do want. As much as I am excited about this as marking the return of Ridley Scott, I am more excited about the potential of this giving a much needed jolt of vigor and new life to the Sci-Fi genre.

Avatar is the biggest sci-fi movie in recent memory? Really?

Tech finally seems to be at the point that special effects are capable of creating really immersive Sci-Fi worlds. Ill add Avatar to the list of greats if its the leading edge of a new Sci Fi revival.

Ill add Avatar to the list of greats if its the leading edge of a new Sci Fi revival.

I won't. Avatar was the height of style over substance. Being unable to see 3-D myself, I attempted to watch it for story structure, originality, plot, character development, etc. Fugging painful. It was basically Aliens redone with computer generated special effects. Aliens was the only substantive thing Cameron ever did in his career, and that's just because he was riding Scott's coat tails.

I won't. Avatar was the height of style over substance. Being unable to see 3-D myself, I attempted to watch it for story structure, originality, plot, character development, etc. Fugging painful. It was basically Aliens redone with computer generated special effects. Aliens was the only substantive thing Cameron ever did in his career, and that's just because he was riding Scott's coat tails.

c'mon man. cameron deserves a lot of flack for Avatar but T1, T2 and the Abyss are all really good movies.

What? That makes absolutly no sense.

And you’re missing my point. Cameron's work, while insipid & banal, opened Hollywood’s eyes to the fact that they could spend a ton of money on hard Sci-Fi and people would still pay to see it. For that fact alone it deserves credit. And if it proves to be the point at which Hollywood started making more original and real Sci-Fi then I’ll gladly give credit where its due.

Archived