• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2- Carolina (6) vs. Boston (1)

17+89=6

Walker will probably be suspended for game 6 for the punch on Ward.

Yeah, that was just the frustration coming out, still no excuse though. Unfortunate to see the team get beat like that, but hopefully we can come back for game 6 and take the series.

It was a dud of a game for the Canes, but I had us winning the series in six. Which will happen, they will have the Canes back to using their speed to confound the Bruins into making mistakes and take the series at home. Can't even blame this one on Ward either, He stopped 34 shots, so it wasn't like he was bad or anything.

I wonder how much the Bruins paid the refs to let them play dirty like that. And call BS penalties on us. We need to respond with our best games of the year. We CAN NOT go back to Boston.

That was a nasty game with us doing the same thing they were doing, but we were the ones getting the penalties. What can you do, we just need to take it to them next game and take the series at home.

That was a horrid performance by the Canes, and it was pretty much what I expected. The Bruins had their backs against the wall and were playing at home, while the Canes were a little overconfident.

I expected them to lose this game all along, and win game six in Raleigh. I think that the Raleigh game is a must win though, because if you allow Boston to get back to back wins, it's not a very bright outlook for a game seven.

I think the Canes will take the series in six though.

As for the refs in the game, they called in fairly. The Canes were called for more because we were frustrated and trying to get back in the game.

That was one of the worst officiated games of the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, we played flat. However, the refs dictated that game.

Was watching with a friend of mine that is a lifelong hockey fan (grew up in Hockey Town). man knows everything there is to know about hockey.

He spend much of the second period just watching what the Bruins were doing differently that was neutralizing our game. He found it. And, it was illegal.

If you noticed, every time a Canes player made a rush through the blue lines and into our zone, they were being hit....and without the puck. He counted 8 straight Canes offensive posessions where obvious interferance should have been called.

Then, they were calling BS on us.

Not saying it would have chagned teh final outcome, but call the damn game evenly.

Yea, they also drove a couple of canes players head first into the boards and it wasn't called, they had more then 8 Interferences though. It was a nasty game with a lot of illegal hits in it.

I'm hoping for a Canes - Wings cup finals. Love it up in Detroit and they are my second team. I want a rematch and a win this time though.

Bad officiating aside, we got our asses kicked. You can blame the officiating all you want, but we don't need to make excuses.....not getting penalties called does not excuse only putting 19 shots on net. This team is at their best when they are throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the net, and we simply did not do that last night.

Boston got in our heads and it showed, especially when Walker sucker punched Ward and that is one of those little things that has the potential to swing momentum. I can absolutely see a 3-5 game suspension for him and he earned it. He is a good role player and not the kind of guy you want on the sidelines, but again he deserves what he gets. What he did is not Canes hockey in the least.

The Canes need to keep a level head and stay true to their game no matter what kind of shenanigans Boston pulls. I will absolutely agree that the officiating in this series, as well as every other game I've watched has been DREADFUL at best.

I played hockey for 15 years, 5 of them were spent in Alberta playing Junior A and in the WHL and I have to agree that EVERYTHING Boston was doing to shut us down was interference. But, as I said, we can't let that get to us. We need to get back to outskating them and outhustling them, plain and simple. I look for us to come out firing on all cylinders in game 6, we need to....the last thing we need right now is to go BACK to Boston for a game 7.

Bad officiating aside, we got our asses kicked. You can blame the officiating all you want, but we don't need to make excuses.....not getting penalties called does not excuse only putting 19 shots on net. This team is at their best when they are throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the net, and we simply did not do that last night.

Boston got in our heads and it showed, especially when Walker sucker punched Ward and that is one of those little things that has the potential to swing momentum. I can absolutely see a 3-5 game suspension for him and he earned it. He is a good role player and not the kind of guy you want on the sidelines, but again he deserves what he gets. What he did is not Canes hockey in the least.

The Canes need to keep a level head and stay true to their game no matter what kind of shenanigans Boston pulls. I will absolutely agree that the officiating in this series, as well as every other game I've watched has been DREADFUL at best.

I played hockey for 15 years, 5 of them were spent in Alberta playing Junior A and in the WHL and I have to agree that EVERYTHING Boston was doing to shut us down was interference. But, as I said, we can't let that get to us. We need to get back to outskating them and outhustling them, plain and simple. I look for us to come out firing on all cylinders in game 6, we need to....the last thing we need right now is to go BACK to Boston for a game 7.

I wasn't making excuses for the team, they got their collective asses kicked last night. The league isn't going to suspend Walker though, Ward told him to bring it and he did. If they suspend him, they need to do something about the illegal hits and the constant illegal boarding the Bruins did in that game. I doubt the punch happens if those things aren't happening.

What team did you play for? Just wondering, I played with some of the schools when I was in Detroit a few years back. God I loved it up there, where the Parks have cement roller hockey rinks right beside the Basketball courts. If you have enough people you can also usually find an ice rink as well and go skate. Easy to get a game going.

Archived