• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Harrison Barnes, the Bobcats (Hornets) will in the NBA Title in 5 years

TheOracle

Harrison Barnes and Kyrie Irving are best friends. At one point, they were considering playing together in college (at Duke). Barnes eventually chose UNC (probably preferred Roy over K), but the schools are only 8 miles apart, so it's not like they played college ball States apart.

Some Mock Drafts have Barnes going #2 to Charlotte, others have him going #4 to Cleveland. I will be pissed if he goes to Cleveland with Irving, because I know how good Barnes could POTENTIALLY be and how much better 2012 Rookie of the Year Irving could POTENTIALLY be, and how much better Barnes' prospects would be with a PG like Irving.

I think these guys are hoping that Barnes falls to #4.

I think if Barnes gets taken by Charlotte, that Irving would STRONGLY consider Charlotte when his contract comes up in Cleveland. Cleveland may get screwed again, but Irving could simply say he and Barnes have always hoped to play together and all would be forgiven...errr, justified.

So, now you have Barnes and Irving on the Bobcats.

RM5M6.Em_.156.jpg

Kyrie-Irving-and-Harrison-Barnes.png

tumblr_l6p3xeTBL81qd5f9ho1_500.jpg

Harrison+Barnes+Kyrie+Irving+2010+Jordan+Brand+6Hlop9ZH6Ntl.jpg

Meanwhile...the Bobcats change their name back to the Hornets. These Hornets:

anthony-davis.jpg

Davis has made no secret about how he would've been happy coming to Charlotte.

Follow the scenario. In the future, Jordan has done the smart thing and changed the team's name back to the Charlotte Hornets, a couple of years after New Orleans changed their name to something else. A year or so later, Davis's contract is nearing it's end in the cesspool that many say is New Orleans, and he wants to get back above sea level.

He takes a little less money, and he comes to Charlotte because Jordan talks him into it since MJ's reputation as an executive has never been higher with the success of Barnes & Irving, in particular. Kemba either left or was traded a long time ago, because he always would have rather been in NY anyway.

So now the Bobcats have a veteran nucleus of Irving, Barnes, and Davis, and they win the NBA Championship five years from now.

In an era where players are doing all they can to end up on teams with friends, this scenario, while HIGHLY UNLIKELY, is still very possible. But it's based on several questions.

• Would the Bobcats draft Barnes? -- possible
  • Would Irving leave Cleveland when he got a chance? -- atypical, but not impossible (It's "CLEVELAND")
  • Would Irving choose Charlotte or go elsewhere? (see photos above & he played at Duke) -- possible
  • Will the Hornets change their name, and would Jordan appease Charlotte by reviving the "Hive"? -- your move, New Orleans
  • Would Davis leave New Orleans when his contract was up? -- ask Chris Paul

So, Cho, there's your plan. :D

It starts with Barnes, and the City of Charlotte being a better place to live than Cleveland or New Orleans. Your move.

Barnes might have been the most overrated player in college basketball last year.

Doesn't change anything about anything in the post above yours. Did Adam Morrison OVERACHIEVE when he was in college? Did Westbrook UNDERACHIEVE while at UCLA?

Who gives a crap about what Barnes did his last year? Players who don't even have YEARS in college get drafted on potential.

He still has the most upside of anyone not named Anthony Davis in this Draft, and not only that, but if "HE", "BARNES" lives up to his potential, he will be the best player to have been drafted in this class, because those 6'6 (Jordan, Wilkins, Carter) to 6'8 wings (Bryant, James, Mello) usually are the best players on their teams and in the league if they reach their potential.

Not saying Barnes will, but I'm just saying. The Barnes hate is ignorant. Any of these guys could be busts, including Davis.

The few things I'm sure of: Barnes and Irving hope Barnes ends up in Cleveland. If he doesn't, Barnes may be able to sweettalk Irving to Charlotte because it's not Cleveland when Irving has a chance to leave. And two, Davis spoke favorably of Charlotte preemptively, and New Orleans is a party city, but not necessarily somewhere you want to live forever.

All of this is just something "fun" to think about.

I can create off the dribble better

Will you still be able to by the start of the season or...like...you know...forever?

You argue poorly.

I'm sure some posters here have a more reliable jump shot than MKG. Some are quicker off the dribble than Kendall Marshall. Thomas Robinson has a more NBA-ready body than Anthony Davis.

So what? All of these guys have things to work on. At least Barnes' thing can be improved. Beal's 6'3 height, for example, can't be.

You obviously missed the point of this post. Happens a lot when hate blinds you.

You argue poorly.

You obviously missed the point of this post. Happens a lot when hate blinds you.

The point of this post was to say we should draft Harrison Barnes, one of the most overrated college prospects in years, to play for the Bobcats. Posts like this happen alot when you're blinded by homerism.

MKG won a national championship at Kentucky and is considered by scouts to be the next Gerald Wallace, Anthony Davis won a national championship, Thomas Robinson led a rebuilding Kansas squad to the Final Four.

Harrison Barnes took a team that was supposed to go undefeated by some accounts and disappeared into being just another role player. He was supposed to be Kevin Durant, but he's Corey Maggette.

Hes not even the player that Maggette was in college. There has been games when has showed up but for the most part he has been a letdown. MKG has more potential than Barnes. Im sure his stock will rise in workouts and more of these threads will pop up.

The point of this post was to say we should draft Harrison Barnes, one of the most overrated college prospects in years, to play for the Bobcats. Posts like this happen alot when you're blinded by homerism.

MKG won a national championship at Kentucky and is considered by scouts to be the next Gerald Wallace, Anthony Davis won a national championship, Thomas Robinson led a rebuilding Kansas squad to the Final Four.

Harrison Barnes took a team that was supposed to go undefeated by some accounts and disappeared into being just another role player. He was supposed to be Kevin Durant, but he's Corey Maggette.

Actually the point of this post was to have fun with the draft, since NONE OF US decide who the Bobcats take, dumb@ss.

As for Barnes & UNC last year, unless he has the HEALING HAND OF GOD, you can't blame him for Marshall, McDonald, and Strickland, almost HALF of their backcourt rotation suffering major injuries. They would've been TOO DEEP with those guys, they might have gone undefeated. They'd have never stopped running. Then Henson was injured also. Save the "injuries happen" foolishness. It doesn't change the FACT that they did. If UNC stayed healthy & Kentucky lost 3 or 4 guys, they wouldn't have a title to get taken away in a few years.

I think some people on this planet are clearly too DUMB to understand cause & effect.

Harrison Barnes didn't write those articles saying the Heels would win the championship, and the team they were supposed to enter the season with isn't the one they ended it with.

To say that's Harrison Barnes' fault is to be one of the DUMBEST people alive. Barnes wasn't a savior then, and he's no savior now. Nor is any other player in this draft guaranteed to be.

Put down the remote. Back away from the television. The media has clearly FRIED your brain cells.

What Barnes does offer, is a link to a player like Kyrie Irving that the others don't. That was the fun of this post, buffoon.

Who said any of it's going to happen? If I had that kind of power I wouldn't have posted anything here about it, peon, lol.

Now go find someone else as dumb as you are to argue with.

Not going to believe in your dream, though Id jump off a cliff if Irving decides to come here.

But Barnes is an intriguing player. If he'd came out lastly year, he couldve push for that no.1 pick. Went invisible sometimes this past season and you don't know who you'll get. If Cho wants Barnes, trade down and take him, bc IMO he's not no.2 worthy this year. More than likely MKG is the sure no.2 pick.

Actually the point of this post was to have fun with the draft, since NONE OF US decide who the Bobcats take, dumb@ss.

As for Barnes & UNC last year, unless he has the HEALING HAND OF GOD, you can't blame him for Marshall, McDonald, and Strickland, almost HALF of their backcourt rotation suffering major injuries. They would've been TOO DEEP with those guys, they might have gone undefeated. They'd have never stopped running. Then Henson was injured also. Save the "injuries happen" foolishness. It doesn't change the FACT that they did. If UNC stayed healthy & Kentucky lost 3 or 4 guys, they wouldn't have a title to get taken away in a few years.

I think some people on this planet are clearly too DUMB to understand cause & effect.

Harrison Barnes didn't write those articles saying the Heels would win the championship, and the team they were supposed to enter the season with isn't the one they ended it with.

To say that's Harrison Barnes' fault is to be one of the DUMBEST people alive. Barnes wasn't a savior then, and he's no savior now. Nor is any other player in this draft guaranteed to be.

Put down the remote. Back away from the television. The media has clearly FRIED your brain cells.

What Barnes does offer, is a link to a player like Kyrie Irving that the others don't. That was the fun of this post, buffoon.

Who said any of it's going to happen? If I had that kind of power I wouldn't have posted anything here about it, peon, lol.

Now go find someone else as dumb as you are to argue with.

Your ENTIRE ARGUMENT that we should draft Barnes is solely because he is FRIENDS with Kyrie Irving. You provided no argument for how he would help the Bobcats on the court. Instead, you ramble on about Carolina's injuries etc. etc. which has nothing to do with Barnes as a prospect.

Then you call out Panthro when he actually does state a case for not drafting Barnes that has to do with his on-the-court performance. The guy can't create his own shot and disappears during games. Adam Morrison couldn't create his own shot and handle NBA defense either, and Lord knows I don't wanna go through that again. Show me something that says Harrison Barnes will be a star in the NBA, and I'll gladly give you a rebuttal, but drafting a guy because he's friends with another guy is asinine at best.

MKG may not be the greatest scorer, but he'd give us the slasher and toughness we lost in Gerald Wallace. Thomas Robinson may not give us the superstar potential of an Anthony Davis, but combined with Bismack, could provide great presence inside that the Bobcats never have enjoyed.

Archived