• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Harrison Barnes, the Bobcats (Hornets) will in the NBA Title in 5 years

TheOracle

Sure they passed it inside a lot, but Barnes got his fair share of isolations and opportunities on offense. I cant remember a wing player at UNC who played a bigger part of the offense than Barnes was (example: Vince Carter never shot more than 10 fga per game, Barnes was at 13)

For what its worth, people have tried to measure the plays run for each player on offense, its called usage % and Barnes was higher than Zeller both years (26 - 24, 28 - 25)

So Barnes was the #1 wing option on UNC, almost the only wing option, compared to Zeller and Henson. Add in Henson's numbers and I think it'll be clear that UNC's offense ran through the post, not through Barnes, and because Zeller was the primary post option, then I'm saying, philosophically, he was still the #1 option on offense, regardless of what the raw data shows for him versus Barnes, who again, took a lot more shots in transition, where he was the primary target for fast break three pointers.

If the numbers disprove my theory (they haven't yet), then I'll change my tune.

It's murkier than you're trying to make it out to be because, again, numbers alone don't tell the whole story.

So Barnes will walk after his contract

Irving's contract is up before Barnes' would be. Charlotte is probably a better place to live than Cleveland. Barnes said in his interview, it would be nice to play pro basketball near where he went to college...Irving may feel the same way.

Odds are greater that Irving would leave Cleveland than Barnes would leave Charlotte, unless he's playing well and Charlotte still sucks, but Cleveland is competing for a Title.

Archived