• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Austin Rivers

TheOracle

Do you think he can play PG in the NBA?

I'd be willing to part ways with either Henderson, DJ or Kemba, or two of those guys to get another top 13 pick, and take Rivers later in the Lottery if he can play PG. He's not as strong as Westbrook, but he could be one of those taller, more athletic points.

Personally, I'd get rid of both DJ and Kemba if I could. They're undersized, and I'd enter next season YOUNG IN THE BACKCOURT with Rivers & Henderson. Selfishly, I'd like to have Rivers, Henderson, and Barnes on the wings. IT'S NOT UNDERSIZED, and I think you can develop that group (because you'd have to have someone else on the wing who can shoot other than Rivers, or he might never pass it).

It'll NEVER HAPPEN, because they don't want to deal Walker (or Augustin, likely), but I just like doing these "hope" and "speculate" threads, just for fun.

I'd also like to keep the #2 pick, unless I could trade it for another Top 4 pick. It's not like these rookie deals are anywhere near what you'd be paying someone like Rudy Gay, so it's not like you're wasting a bunch of money. It's the TIME LOST and reputation lost, if they don't pan out that hurts you the most.

I'll wait until after I see how guys perform in the workouts before I say UNEQUIVOCALLY who I'd take at #2 (or whatever other pick they end up with).

His game is better suited for the pros and his confidence is something we need on this team! if trade down successfully or pick up a 2nd lottery T.Rob at #2 and Rivers with latter would be a great draft! He measured in at 6'5 with shoes avg height of a 2 guard but the handles of a 1!

Hell no. Yes I'm still salty about the shot he hit in the Dean Dome

Well, it's not Rivers' fault that UNC blew a double digit lead with 2 minutes left, or that Tyler Zeller was too dumb to get up on Rivers and make him drive by him for a 2 pointer, instead of BACKING OFF HIM and letting him shoot a wide open 3 pointer. They deserved to lose.

Besides, this is the Bobcats not the ACC, and even though all the players I mentioned were ACC players, that wasn't the purpose. The Bobcats need a lethal wing combination, and I'd rather have a 6'4-'5 athletic PG these days if I can get one, ala Westbrook, than Walker or Augustin.

I think Rivers can play the point, don't think Beal can as effictively, and Rivers has more NBA-level athleticism than Kendall Marshall, which is about where he'll be drafted.

I think Rivers stock will rise given he measured out very good. I'd love to trade that #2 for Portland's picks and use their 2nd 1st to take him.

Is there any other POSSIBLE way to just get Portland's 11th? Probably. Probably doesn't mean likely.

I wouldn't consider him one dimensional, maybe undersized for the two. He has range and the ability to create off the dribble. I would consider Kemba one dimensional at this point in his career. I see Rivers at best as a dynamic 6th man (harden, ginobili - obviously shorter) or at worst a scoring combo guard like lou Williams. All of the pre draft reports I have read have Rivers slated as a SG...I wonder if he would consider playing PG.

Archived