• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(rumors) Charlotte Bobcats - Clevland Cavs

carolina-chuck

Barnes Interview

• Barnes said he would enjoy staying home and playing for the Bobcats, also said he would like to play with Kyrie.
  • Stephen A asked if he would like to play for the "woeful" Bobcats, Barnes replied I would love to be the 2nd pick in the draft.
  • Said that he can create his own shot, and wants to play with an up-tempo team.
  • Asked if he was just a product of Roy William's system- he danced around the question saying that he scored 17 points per game, he can create his own shot just fine. (Skip doesn't seem to think he was a product of Roy William's System)
  • Also said he continuously works on his ball handling skills as basketball is his life.
  • Said his best asset is his 3 point shot and pull up jumper.
  • Said he was a huge Jordan fan to say the least.
  • Wanted to go up against the best during workouts, wanted to go against MKG (didn't get the chance to); however he did get to go up against Beal.
  • He's been working on putting the ball on the floor and his post game.
  • Said his motor is fine and doesn't understand the criticism for it.
  • Stephen A thinks Barnes can be a 17 to 20 points per game player and a two or three time NBA All Star but doesn't think he will be a superstar.
  • Skip Bayless thinks he will be a Luol Deng or Danny Green type of player.

Finally a good segment on ESPN.

That's all that free agency is this year, just second tier guys.

However, there are still some solid players out there like Carl Landry, Ryan Anderson, Nick Batum, Jeff Green, Michael Beasley, J.R. Smith, Courtney Lee, Nick Young, O.J. Mayo, Ramon Sessions, Nate Robinson, Aaron Brooks, Raymond Felton, and Lou Williams.

Then out of our league: Deron Williams, Eric Gordon, and Roy Hibbert

i would look to beasley, young, mayo and lou williams. they would be the 4 choices for me. but all will still look for too much money.

young wants 9mill got offered 7 by wizz and declined (why they traded him) but i think he can be a 20ppg scorer in this league

williams is also a guy i really like, can really score. but he is very comparable to kemba in abilities and i would like a backup PG that can pass and set others up better. hear he wants at least 7 mill and thats too much for my taste.

idk what it would take for mayo or beasley, but either would come in and give us a solid scoring threat. i wouldnt pay over 7 mill for either of them. But for around 7 i would be interested depending on what/who we draft.

i also like jamison, he wants to play here and would be a good fit. hope we do sign him.

i would look to beasley, young, mayo and lou williams. they would be the 4 choices for me. but all will still look for too much money.

young wants 9mill got offered 7 by wizz and declined (why they traded him) but i think he can be a 20ppg scorer in this league

williams is also a guy i really like, can really score. but he is very comparable to kemba in abilities and i would like a backup PG that can pass and set others up better. hear he wants at least 7 mill and thats too much for my taste.

idk what it would take for mayo or beasley, but either would come in and give us a solid scoring threat. i wouldnt pay over 7 mill for either of them. But for around 7 i would be interested depending on what/who we draft.

i also like jamison, he wants to play here and would be a good fit. hope we do sign him.

I would not mind paying around 8-9 mil for Mayo. He's def a guy who could be huge for a team like us. He has tremendous talents and abilities. He was pretty much overshadowed by the few other stars they had there in Memphis.

Also he would fill a position for us. If we could attract a guy like Mayo to come play here for that amount and draft a T-rob with the addition of Ben Gordon, all of a sudden we starting to look pretty good for the future.

All I know is, if we trade with Cleveland we better be certain were going to get Barnes. I don't wanna be stuck with Robinson or MKG, and seeing that we just traded Corey, it's likely we'd end up with MKG. I'm not cool with that lol

Archived