• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Gordon traded to Charlotte

Dpantherman

I love how Harrison Barnes can't escape criticism. Seems the mood on twitter is changing from "he'll be a bust" to "he could be a star, but he won't be a SUPERSTAR."

Is there anything wrong with just being a "star"?

People MUST criticize Barnes, lol...just like they MUST criticize LeBron and they MUST criticize Cam Newton.

happy-haters-gonna-hate.png

They must...

Guest herpes

Kemba Walker

Ben Gordon

Harrison Barnes

Bismack Biyombo

Cody Zeller

...best line-up in franchise history.

Only us bobcats fans could be excited over trading for Ben Gordon. It was a good trade though and the bobcats definitely won. Gordon was 42% from behind the arc last year which is something we really need. I do think that we will draft Barnes. I will not be mad about it. He has all the tools to be a great player. He will have to work hard on his dribbling and driving to the hole, but I really think that he will improve greatly in those areas. also I think his game is better suited for the NBA because there is more spacing on the floor. He also has a lot of swag and confidence. He will be a pretty good player for us.

Kemba Walker

Ben Gordon

Harrison Barnes

Bismack Biyombo

Cody Zeller

...best line-up in franchise history.

Cody Zeller is not in the Draft.

I was just think though that a guy like Tyler or Cody Zeller would be nice for us. I know the new coach is all about running the court and they are probably the 2 best running centers there are. They would fit nicely.

I was just think though that a guy like Tyler or Cody Zeller would be nice for us. I know the new coach is all about running the court and they are probably the 2 best running centers there are. They would fit nicely.

...i think he meant next year.

Guest herpes

I was dreaming for next years draft.

Although I wouldn't be mad if we trade our protected Portland pick & maybe DJ in a sign & trade to move up for Tyler this year. He can run the court better than some forwards.

trade put into context:

Let me make this real simple for you: The Bobcats just purchased a first-round draft pick with money they had to spend anyway.

The headlines will say that Ben Gordon was traded for Corey Maggette, but pay no mind; they're just contracts in this deal. They're not bad players necessarily, but they're roughly equivalent talents with oversized contracts on teams going nowhere.

The real action is comes through the draft pick and the money changing hands. Charlotte now has a potential lottery pick in 2014 or 2015, and the cost is the difference in salary (about $14 million). Normally that would be an excessive price to pay, but these aren't normal times. The Bobcats may not hit the league's salary floor in 2013-14, let alone the cap, so the $13.2 million that Gordon adds to their payroll in that season doesn't stand to hurt them much since they needed to add a bunch of salary anyway. In that sense, they really paid far less than $14 million for the draft pick.

From Detroit's perspective, this deal was a no-brainer. The Pistons dump $13.2 million from their 2013-14 payroll, since Maggette's contract expires in 2012-13, retain their amnesty clause to use on Charlie Villanueva (instead of maybe Gordon), and now stand to be as much as $20 million under the cap that summer, depending on what moves they make between now and then.

From Hollinger on ESPN

Archived