• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antawn Jamison to visit

GotSwag?

I think we all saw this coming and expect him to sign

Marc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahoo

Bobcats intrigued by Jamison's versatile game and that he is a Charlotte native who played at North Carolina. Bobcats could use a local draw.

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA

RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Free agent Antawn Jamison, an ex-North Carolina star, will visit the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday, source tells Y!

a jamison, hickson, mahimi pu pu platter would be far more interesting than any of those players on their own.

ideally we get ersan ilyasova, but i dont think that is going to happen. he does fill 3 of our biggest needs, 1) 3 pt shoorting, 2) rebounding, especially offensive, 3) power forward.

Id be super happy with ersan + mahimi. Hawes would be nice, but I doubt that happens.

jamsion is ideally suited to play 15-20 a night. I just hope we dont intend to have him playing 30 min.

I have always been a big fan of Jamison since his days here at Providence High School and at UNC. I just wonder how much is left in the tank. I believe he is heading into his 15th season.

If nothing else, he is a veteran presence who will give you some nice versatility off the bench. Besides, he WANTS to be here.

If we signed Jamison, I doubt we would sign Hickson due to the fact that they both play the same position.

Either one would be a good pick-up for the Bobcats, but I think Jamison is the more likely of the two to sign in Charlotte.

A roster of

PG: D.J. Augustin, Kemba Walker

SG: Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, Reggie Williams, Matt Carroll

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Derrick Brown, Jeff Taylor

PF: Antawn Jamison, Bismack Biyombo, Tyrus Thomas

C: Byron Mullens, DeSagana Diop

would be a significant upgrade over last years roster...

If we could just sign a starting caliber center.

neither mullens nor diop are currently rotation caliber players at the moment, though Mullens does have the ability to improve (by extending his shot to 3 pt range, for instance). thus if we get a guy like jamison and no center it likely means biz is playing center mostly next year. if tyrus returns to anywhere near the form he played at 2 years ago he will start alongside biz- over jamison. That a big if, but 2 years ago he was better than biz, jamison, mullens, etc are likely to be next year.

With jamison, you have to realize that his 16-17 points last year were very inefficient points, and while given 30+ min of playing time a night. Plus he is particularly terrible on defense. At anything more than 3 mil a year and a gunner bench role, its a waste of salary and roster space.

neither mullens nor diop are currently rotation caliber players at the moment, though Mullens does have the ability to improve (by extending his shot to 3 pt range, for instance). thus if we get a guy like jamison and no center it likely means biz is playing center mostly next year. if tyrus returns to anywhere near the form he played at 2 years ago he will start alongside biz- over jamison. That a big if, but 2 years ago he was better than biz, jamison, mullens, etc are likely to be next year.

With jamison, you have to realize that his 16-17 points last year were very inefficient points, and while given 30+ min of playing time a night. Plus he is particularly terrible on defense. At anything more than 3 mil a year and a gunner bench role, its a waste of salary and roster space.

this.

Archived