• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Augustin on his way to Indiana?

Stephenson plays point guard in the NBA, but is effective at both guard positions.

http://hoopshype.com..._stephenson.htm

Stephenson can play the point. He isn't just a 2, in fact, he'd be a great compliment to Hendo's game

I did not know that, however there is this to consider:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110410/SPORTS04/104100364/1062/SPORTS04

like I said, I wouldn't be disappointed with him, but I want draft picks

No, bc we're not trying to build a mediocre team for the future. Was that Cho's plan when he was brought here, to help build a mediocre team?

If he doesn't want a mediocre team, he needs to get get rid of the BS on the roster. Starting with DJ and Cory Higgins. Higgins shouldn't be on a d-league roster, but I guess that's what the bobcats essentially are.

TH will never develop into a superstar, but he's going to have a good NBA career. He hustles, plays hard, and proved in the playoffs he isn't afraid to bang down low with the big boys. If Lebron had half the hustle and heart TH has, LBJ would have 3 titles now.

He's still young and entering his prime. He'd be an asset to a young team with no leaders.

No, bc we're not trying to build a mediocre team for the future. Was that Cho's plan when he was brought here, to help build a mediocre team?

So you think Hansbrough is good enough to make the bobcats a mediocre team? I didnt know you thought so highly of him as a player.

I dont mind Hansbrough because he might be worth something as a trade chip. He is a role player, nothing more, nothing less

I did not know that, however there is this to consider:

http://www.indystar....4/1062/SPORTS04

like I said, I wouldn't be disappointed with him, but I want draft picks

Stephenson has played well in the summer league so far.

The most realistic deal is Hansbrough and Stephenson for Augustin. The contracts match up and it is a fairly even trade.

The Pacers can't trade Mahinmi because they just acquired him (can't be trade for like a month and a half or so), they won't trade Plumlee because he was their first round pick and if they wanted to trade him they would have moved him on draft day. Granger, West, George, and Hibbert are out for obvious reasons and no one wants Jeff Pendegraph.

First Trade Option

Tyler Hansbrough/Lance Stephenson for D.J. Augustin

Second Trade Option

George Hill/Lance Stephenson for D.J. Augustin

Those are the only two real scenarios.

If he doesn't want a mediocre team, he needs to get get rid of the BS on the roster. Starting with DJ and Cory Higgins. Higgins shouldn't be on a d-league roster, but I guess that's what the bobcats essentially are.

TH will never develop into a superstar, but he's going to have a good NBA career. He hustles, plays hard, and proved in the playoffs he isn't afraid to bang down low with the big boys. If Lebron had half the hustle and heart TH has, LBJ would have 3 titles now.

He's still young and entering his prime. He'd be an asset to a young team with no leaders.

Of course you can't question his heart, but we'd win more games with DJ than with TH.

Unless the Cho's plan is to find guys to fill this team so we can tank it one more season than yes it's a great pickup. We should tank it anyway but all we need is a top 3-4 pick next year. If cho really wants that No.1, do the trade.

But I'd rather have a future pick, where we can use it on another PG down the road bc we be lacking major depth behind Kemba if we trade away DJ.

So you think Hansbrough is good enough to make the bobcats a mediocre team? I didnt know you thought so highly of him as a player.

I dont mind Hansbrough because he might be worth something as a trade chip. He is a role player, nothing more, nothing less

NO I think adding a Back-up PF on a team trying to develop a PF, can't get rid of another PF, and trying to sign a OLD PF is a dumb idea.

The most realistic deal is Hansbrough and Stephenson for Augustin. The contracts match up and it is a fairly even trade.

The Pacers can't trade Mahinmi because they just acquired him (can't be trade for like a month and a half or so), they won't trade Plumlee because he was their first round pick and if they wanted to trade him they would have moved him on draft day. Granger, West, George, and Hibbert are out for obvious reasons and no one wants Jeff Pendegraph.

First Trade Option

Second Trade Option

Well I'm glad Ric B thinks the deal won't happen.

Yah, tell me what kind of draft night moves would have help lands us some free agents? tell me please.

"Specific" moves = irrelevant. Understand the point of making a splash, moron. IF THE BOBCATS HAD MADE WAVES ON DRAFT NIGHT by making moves, then they would've been more attractive to free agents, because there would be "BUZZ" around here. That is a THEORY. Specific moves don't need to be outlined for that theory to be sound, DUH.

NO I think adding a Back-up PF on a team trying to develop a PF, can't get rid of another PF, and trying to sign a OLD PF is a dumb idea.

Obviously if you trade for Hansbrough you cant sign Jamison. But Biyombo is hardly an issue since he will spend probably about 1/2 his minutes at center anyway, and using Thomas as a reason not to get a PF is like using Diop as a reason not to get a center. He sucks and is irrelevant.

Of course you can't question his heart, but we'd win more games with DJ than with TH.

Unless the Cho's plan is to find guys to fill this team so we can tank it one more season than yes it's a great pickup.

But I'd rather have a future pick, where we can use it in another PG down the road bc we be lacking major depth behind Kemba if we trade away DJ.

Well they only won 7 games with DJ last year so I find the first part of your argument hard to believe.

The second part, however, I'd probably agree with. I'd rather have a future first rounder (as long as it's in the next 2 drafts) than TH.

Also, and I'm not accusing you of this, but the dukefags in this thread need to gtfo or just not even comment on Tyler. They hate that guy like Carolina fans hate JJ. The difference, however, and this really is a testament to the overall intelligence when comparing the two fan bases, is that Carolina fans get over the rivalry when it can benefit the NBA team they pull for. I don't even understand what's getting the dukefags panties in a twist anyway. They should be getting ready for their Notre Dame, South Carolina, or FSU football season.

I hated Henderson at Duke, but right now he is probably the only player on the team I would hate to see traded.

Grow up dookies.

First Trade Option

Second Trade Option

Second Scenario is out if your mind. The pacers are never going to give up HILL and Stephenson for DJ. Hill is probably better than DJ. I'd do a Hill to DJ in a heartbeat, but the Pacers are smarter to not do that trade.

Second Scenario is out if your mind. The pacers are never going to give up HILL and Stephenson for DJ. Hill is probably better than DJ. I'd do a Hill to DJ in a heartbeat, but the Pacers are smarter to not do that trade.

Of course George Hill is better than DJ Augustin. More than enough evidence proving that fact already exists.

Archived