• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Canes agreed to terms with Alexander Semin

boney

According to their facebook:

BREAKING NEWS: The Canes have agreed to terms with Alexander Semin on a one-year, $7 million contract. Read More: http://expi.co/08QT “I’m very happy to be a Carolina Hurricane,” said Semin. “It’s a great fit for me. I look forward to playing with great players, and putting together a winning season.”

I am beyond stoked about this pickup. :D He hasn't been as good past 2 years since his 84pt year so he will be motivated for a long term deal. We should be great, if we suck next year he is MAJOR trade bait at the deadline for picks and prospects (hoping we dont suck). 1 yr deal so if he sucks next year we arent screwed for 5+ years. If he plays great maybe we lock him in long term next year, we will see.

I like this atm:

Skinner - E.Staal - Semin

Jokinen - J.Staal - Tlusty

Dwyer - Ruutu - LaRose

Stewart - Brent - Nodl

Ruutu is more of a center than Jokinen or Skinner. Actually always thought he should stay there. Still would like to add a true center so that the 3rd and 4th line wingers look more strong. But this lineup right here doesn't look that bad. I believe you should always have a solid center on each line since they have more responsibilities.

With the addition of Semin there is no way that they don't play the Staal's and Semin on the same line.

Don't see how Semin is a guarantee Jordan plays with his brother since Semin is a wing. Our center position would be weaker than last season still. I think getting a true center would make it guaranteed.

Archived