• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here is why I think the Panthers will go 9-7 at best

The reason i think this is because I don't think they can beat top teams and I think the snuck in a couple of victories lagainst average teams last year that they will not this year.

The first two victories of the season looked great at the time but it ends up that these were both .500 teams

Then loss to the vikings who ended up 10-6.

Then beat the falcons. This is a big time win i think.

Then KC - crap

Then NO - crap

Then Arizona - 2nd big time win although still a 9-7 team

Raiders - Crap

Lions - Crap

loss to Falcons - looked terrible

Green Bay win - 6-10 team

TB - good to win in division 9-7 team

Denver 8-8

Giants - better team than Carolina but put up a fight

Saiints - crap

CAROLINA's two quality wins were Arizona and Atlanta?

Carolina barely did better than 500 against the division - a 2 point win against NO at the end of the season ensured that they did

Carolina did not beat a team with a record better than 9-7 except Atlanta

Don't get me wrong, carolina beat the teams it had to beat and that is what it is all about. I hope they do it again. But there is no way they do well against Patriots, Giants, Miami, Philly, Minnesota. And if they don't then they need to run through the division which they will not.

before you get all riled up, i love the panthers and hope they do well. i am buying PSLs for a crap load of $$ and i hope they win the superbowl. But i don't think they can win big games.

Flame away!

And what does this have to do with this upcoming season? We have a different DC and that will change everything. But since you and others are already writing off the season why bother watching? Just wait until next March and come back. The real fans that believe in this team will still be here waiting on you.

And what does this have to do with this upcoming season? We have a different DC and that will change everything. But since you and others are already writing off the season why bother watching? Just wait until next March and come back. The real fans that believe in this team will still be here waiting on you.

this.

The first two victories of the season looked great at the time but it ends up that these were both .500 teams

San Diego had Merriman for that game which totally changes their defense.. not to mention we didnt have Smitty for either game.. and we are like a .250 team at best without Smitty in the past..

playing on the road is hard no matter who it is in the NFL.. we just had a bad game that day.. our run game wasnt churning and we got down early..

nice win against Matt Ryan, even though it was only his 4th game..

Then KC - crap

Then NO - crap

this was a big game IMO.. it was a pretty good bashing against a good team.. the way our D held them on two 4th and 1 plays..

this was a great game that showed we could score points.. we never really had gone blow for blow, TD for TD.. but we did and forced the turnover that won the game- Beason INT..

Raiders - Crap

Jake did everything to throw the game away.. but we still managed out a win.. overcoming obstacles- even if they are of our own making..

Lions - Crap

we didnt look terrible.. we just got beat.. our offense was alright, our D let Turner burn us for 4 TDs

it is hard to go to Lambeau* in November/December and win.. this was another offensive showing.. Smitty won this one for us though.. he bailed us outta 2 games this year.. this was 1

TB defense is always tough, that night we exposedd them, but it was another shootout regardless of the bashing we put on them.. it was always a game..

Denver 8-8

all we had ta do was stop Cutler..

probably the greatest game in the 08 season- in the NFL- period.. great game with no trash talking and excellent show of sportsmanship.. our D lost it for us in the 2nd half.. we were up and shuda won

Saiints - crap

the Saints are a totally different team in their Dome.. Brees was trying to break the record.. our D let them come back in the game, but this is the other game where Smitty bailed us out with that catch..

CAROLINA's two quality wins were San Diego, Chicago, Atlanta, Green Bay, Arizona and 2nd Bus game & 2nd Saints game?

Damn HP....you are WAY over-analyzing a 12-4 team. We have a fresh set of coaches, one of the best OLines and RB duos in the league, and a qb with something to prove...quit being so negative and let the pieces fall where they may; the season hasn't even begun.

Damn HP....you are WAY over-analyzing a 12-4 team. We have a fresh set of coaches, one of the best OLines and RB duos in the league, and a qb with something to prove...quit being so negative and let the pieces fall where they may; the season hasn't even begun.

trying to be realistic.

I love the attitude on this board that if you don't predict 12-4 you aren't a true fan.

As I said I am buying PSLs and will be at every game with bells on.

The reason i think this is because I don't think they can beat top teams and I think the snuck in a couple of victories lagainst average teams last year that they will not this year.

Then KC - crap

Then NO - crap

Raiders - Crap

Lions - Crap

Denver 8-8

Saiints - crap

CAROLINA's two quality wins were Arizona and Atlanta?

Carolina barely did better than 500 against the division - a 2 point win against NO at the end of the season ensured that they did

Carolina did not beat a team with a record better than 9-7 except Atlanta

Don't get me wrong, carolina beat the teams it had to beat and that is what it is all about. I hope they do it again. But there is no way they do well against Patriots, Giants, Miami, Philly, Minnesota. And if they don't then they need to run through the division which they will not.

before you get all riled up, i love the panthers and hope they do well. i am buying PSLs for a crap load of $$ and i hope they win the superbowl. But i don't think they can win big games.

Flame away!

You're a downer . . .

I think the snuck in a couple of victories lagainst average teams last year that they will not this year.

This is the NFL. Nobody is really good. Every team that goes 12-4 "sneaks" in some wins. That is the difference between being 12-4 with a first round bye and 9-7 and sitting on the couch. You gotta stay healthy and "sneak" out 3 wins.

This analysis could be used on 6 or 7 playoff teams every year in the NFL.

Archived