• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Winners and losers

Winners IMO are guys who increased their chances to make the team not guys who were assured a spot already like Adams, Kueckly, etc. So winners were guys like Keiser, Poole, Pugh, Senn, McClain, Barnidge etc.

Losers were guys who increased the chances they don't make it through camp. Guys like Vaughn, Stanford, Edwards, Cllausen for example.

As for the defense they gave up 6 points in the first half and created turnovers. That is what we wanted. They were fine given we were not all out blitzing like Houston was all day.

I agree.

Also I love Kieser's motor.

While I am excited about Silatolu and think he is going to be great, his first shot at live bullet pass protection left a lot to be desired.

So a rookie from a small school in his first preseason game working with the starters looks like he needs some time to adjust and learn.

Say it isn't so, Joe...................

So a rookie from a small school in his first preseason game working with the starters looks like he needs some time to adjust and learn.

Say it isn't so, Joe...................

This is a winners losers thread right? I'm just pointing out one of the things I saw.

This is a winners losers thread right? I'm just pointing out one of the things I saw.

But he wasn't a winner or loser. He will be on the team regardless at the end of preseason and he will start next week regardless of last night. So he doesn't really fit the category IMO.

But he wasn't a winner or loser. He will be on the team regardless at the end of preseason and he will start next week regardless of last night. So he doesn't really fit the category IMO.

Upon further review, he hasn't done bad at all. I'm rewatching the game this morning and feel a lot better about things.

Guest Day24Day7

Yes. This was just the first preseason game. That being said ... Our 1's against their 1's Did Not impress overall. There were a few bright spots. But the basics of Football - Regardless of the simple plays being called - We Did Not look good doing. Blocking. Catching. Passing. Running. And Can Anybody besides our amazing rookie LB consistly TACKLE. Again I'm talking about our 1's ... or at least the folks that started the game.

Maybe we won't be using zone during the season. I hope NOT. Those Big A$$ HOLES in the secondary? WTF. Have you seen the QB's we play this year. Breeze twice. Eli Manning. Payton Manning. Michael Vick. Matt Ryan (whose main asset is the 15-25 yard pass). Rex Grossman (same talent as Ryan).

Between the 20's; Can we consistently hold runners to 2 or less yards before making the tackle? Am I over-reacting? Could be. Problem is ... These are the same defensive let downs that cost us last year. These are the same ST tendancies that cost us last year.

Sure we have injured starters. Guess what? So does Every Other Team in the NFL. We all Hope these guys come back 100%. The fact of the matter is: We Don't Know. We Don't Know How or For How Long these guys will be able to play. So we have to take a Critcal Look at how a lot of these Backups ( who Could Very Well Become Starters) perform. Sure this was Only a preseason game. It was a preseason game for Every Other Team in the NFL too. Sure we used this game to evaluate talent. So is everybody is. You Play like you Practice in terms of a Team. That is one thing I learned in the military. This team is Extremely Talented. I question How Tough Mentally they are. Tackling and Blocking are the best indicators of How Tough a team is. Given the game plan was very basic ... We look at the 1 on 1 matchups. Who blocked? Who got blocked? Who tackled? Who got tackled? Who covered? Who got run over? Who got seperation? Who made catches? Who made good decisions?

It May Be the team was playing 3/4 speed on Purpose. According to reports ... That's pretty much how they have been practicing in camp. Maybe coaches just wanted to make sure no one got hurt. Makes sense. I'm Not panicking. It WAS just one Practice game. I just saying that over the next couple of weeks we need to pay attention Tendancies.

Hopefully giving up 375 yrds (174 on the ground) in a Preseason game is NOT a tendancy.

Hopefully giving up 20 1st Downs at 50% conversion will NOT be a tendancy.

Hopefully having the Defense on the field for 38 minutes (over half the game) is NOT a tendancy.

As it stands right now ... It Looks Like a Carry Over From Last Season. So while I think this teams will have a Good Year; There Remains A LOT of Work to be done. Perhaps Next Week we will see an Increase in Intensity All Around.

We Shall See ...

Archived