• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lawn Care

The Saltman

I'll admit .....now that we have a dog..I would actually like my grass to be cut once a week, especially now since it rains all the flippin' time now..but that's more money and as of now, dude come maybe every 2 weeks which pisses me off b/c my grass looks like sh*t...I guess it's time to start asking for a lawn mower for christmas *sigh*

also..we were lazy this year and didn't mulch the flower bed on the side of the house....I am planning on adding some shade shrubs this fall...do I plant and mulch them in the spring or mulch when I actually plant them

they can explain it better than I can :)

guess I know what I'm doing in the next few weeks

If you plant a shrub in spring, it must acclimate itself to its new home and begin growing immediately. At the same time, it has to produce leaves, flowers, and then endure the rapidly arriving summer heat. Plant the same shrub in fall, and here’s what happens. It becomes happily dormant above ground soon after planting, but the roots have several months to grow and become comfortable and strong in their new home. Then when spring does arrive, the plant’s established and ready to put out strong leaves, new top growth, and lots of flowers. So the difference is obvious: Fall planting gives your plant’s roots a wonderful “head start” over spring planting.

Archived