• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4)

17+89=6

How do we beat the #1 seed and then lay an egg against the pens like that?

We forgot how to play hockey.....reallly hope the offseson brings a few player changes such as Center depth past staal and cullen and some defensemen past Corvo, Pitkanen, and Gleason

wow how quickly most of y'all forget where we were when Laviolette was fired? i am fairly confident that had i come in to the message boards and posted "canes will beat the number 1 seed in the east in the second round and go to the ECF" all of yall would have run me outta here for being "a homer" We played amazing hockey to end the season and played 14 games in the first two rounds. i know many of us would have liked us to win a game or two against the pens........but to say we laid an egg? thats ridiculous because not only was pittsburgh favored against us, but talent wise they are better than us. Save all this negativity for Panthers season, because the Canes definitely don't deserve it, and the example was set of how appreciative we should be by the 18,000 fans that were standing and cheering at the end of the game.

Just think back to when Laviolette was fired and where we were.......and I am very sure had someone said "you're going to get Maurice back, but you'll make it to the conference finals" i am sure 99% of you all would take that deal. We should all be proud of how the Canes rallied at the end of the season and made it this far, not get pissed because they got swept in the final 4........that's all my 2 cents for the series. Hope you all have a good summer, see y'all in football season. LETS GO CANES!!!!!

Just got back from the game some opinions. Canes where burned out Ward specially letting that flukey goal in. Dumping the puck doesnt work Canes need some speed guys to force the puck down the ice. The fans I was really surprised how quiet they where yes they got loud once in awhile but when the team needed a push the fans werent there only when they played something on the jumbotron.

As for the Penguins they where playing great hockey. Puck handling passing and defensive 3 things the Canes were missing. That 2 on 1 with crosby was perfectly done.

Next year Canes need to find some speed and get back to basics because what I saw tonight they are missing that. They also need another big time scorer.

Also I dont think the coach should return just listening to his post game interview and he didnt get this team back into the game after the first period.

Archived