• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Aaron Rodgers have leadership issues or need a mind coach?

teeray

If I dont, who on this board will? We let people wallow in ignorant stereotypes about black QBs for 8 years on this board and are shocked some have engrained biases even against the one who plays for us every Sunday.

What ignorant stereotypes have been propagated on this forum for 8 years.

I would like to take your word for it, but for someone who lambasted someone earlier about "facts" you should have known that the Panthers did not have one 3 and out the entire Giants game. We actually moved the ball well. The only problem was that we had sacks and turnovers at terrible times during the game.

I can't confirm or deny the 3 and outs. In any case my statement stands. They both reacted to different events, therefore a direct comparision isn't entirely accurate.

I was so upset during that game I'm sure I could've missed the 3 and out deal...

Cam never gave us a chance to win against the Giants, and I could careless if he had 500 yards he threw 3 picks and we scored 7 points. He had a horrible game and needs to make better decisions and that is me calling out his bad play I have never once questioned leadership or mental qualities. I think most of that is the media aka the Charlotte Observer and WFNZ. He is a young guy with a desire to win and wants nothing more then to do that so how as a fan could you not pull for that. Has he made some mistakes and sometimes not been the leader he needs to be? Yes but he will be the first to tell you that, we need to give him some time and realize that this is just his second year and we are only 3 games into the season.

It depends on how you determine "giving us a chance to win" In the first half , even though we didn't score a TD we flipped the field on every possession. The Giants never had starting field position past their own 30 yard line with the exception of Cam's first pick which resulted in zero NY points. Yet despite that, we were still down 20-0 at half.

Also, despite flipping field position on offense our best starting field position in the first half was our own 21 yard line.

With most teams the third best option behind a field goal or TD is flipping field position. We did that. The defense didn't uphold there end of the bargain in keeping that field position or keeping the other team off the score board.

I am not trying to absolve the offense of playing poorly, but there is more than one side of the ball that can give you a chance to win. When your offense flips fields every possession the defense shouldn't give up 20 points in half.

All this "the officials cost them the game". No. Bullshit. Don't leave it in the officials' hands. If you do that, that's on you.

GB could have helped themselves by being more consistent on offense and finish drives, or by tightening up in the secondary. Neither happened, Seattle did enough to win the game. Rodgers has no excuse if Cam doesn't. They are the same.

What ignorant stereotypes have been propagated on this forum for 8 years.

That all black QBs are alike and are inherently lazier, less intelligent, and lack the leadership ability of white QBs. That they rely on their athleticism and dont take to coaching or preparation. That you can use the success and failure of one to justify not wanting another. Cam WAS JaMarcus, now he's Vince. I suppose when we become a playoff team he'll be Donovan and the argument will be he chokes in big games. Just the fact people wanted us to leave the past in the past and stop "bumping pre draft threads about Cam" should tell you all you need to know.

Did you watch last week or the week before when one of rodger's receivers ran a route wrong and he was then intercepted? Rodgers yelled at his receiver and showed a disgusted face, how did he inspire his receiver then if you care to explain. How was that leadership?

As I said before you are excusing rodgers and other quarterbacks shortcomings in leadership moments but only criticising cam. You obviously have an agenda, maybe you secretly don't like cam. I have no idea but it's blatant.

I am not excusing Rodgers or any other player for their reactions. I'm simply stating that Rodgers reaction was because of an officiating call that cost them the game. Cam reaction on the sideline seems to be his way of coping with the game not going in a positive way for him. Personally, I don't think that he's in agreement with the playcalling, but thats my personal opinion.

As for Rodgers leadership, him yelling at his WR for running the wrong route displays leadership, not lack there of.

Cam is under fire from the media not just because of his sidline demenor but because it seems to take him out of the game. Every player is going to show emotions, positive and negatives. It's boils down to how they deal with it.

That all black QBs are alike and are inherently lazier, less intelligent, and lack the leadership ability of white QBs. That they rely on their athleticism and dont take to coaching or preparation. That you can use the success and failure of one to justify not wanting another. Cam WAS JaMarcus, now he's Vince. I suppose when we become a playoff team he'll be Donovan and the argument will be he chokes in big games. Just the fact people wanted us to leave the past in the past and stop "bumping pre draft threads about Cam" should tell you all you need to know.

No single opinion has been endorsed by the board.

Thx

Managment :D

PS: I wanted Cam our QB, I think he will be an all time great when it is all said and done.

This will help you confirm there were no 3 and outs.

http://scores.espn.g...920029&period=1

Cool, I was so upset with our gameplan and execution during the game, I'm sure I could've missed it. Cam will be a great QB, and our problems are not all on him. Everyone can improve, but I think it should start with our coaching staff being prepaired for our opponent and playcalling.

I really wish people would STFU about Cam and how he acts on the sideline compared to other QB's. Brandon Lafell was just on the MacAttack and they point blank asked him about Cam on the sidelines and he said every time they come off the field Cam goes to the QB coach with DA, and Jimmy and they go over the pictures and the plays then the QB's go over and talk with the receivers. Put this crap to bed, I saw Brees sitting on the bench with a hat on at the end of the KC game with no one around him does that mean he didn't go over the pics or plays? Cam is emotional and hates to lose which I love because I am the same way. After we lose I am pissed off for days and it eats me up the players that are laughing, smiling, and talking to the opponents on the field after the game. Be a good sport but laughing and joking around after a loss sets me off.

I'd be happy to put it to bed, I was posting in the thread, I'm not the creator of the thread. The media follows Cam every action and makes this situation worse than it appear, I hope. Howevever I don't like seeing Cam on the sideline looking away from instead of at the pictures of the opposing defense. Although that shot could've been at the moment that he looked away. It is all perception controlled by the media.

I will say that in interviews that Cam demeanor seems to be changing. I hope they can work everything out pull out a winning season.

I am not excusing Rodgers or any other player for their reactions. I'm simply stating that Rodgers reaction was because of an officiating call that cost them the game. Cam reaction on the sideline seems to be his way of coping with the game not going in a positive way for him. Personally, I don't think that he's in agreement with the playcalling, but thats my personal opinion.

As for Rodgers leadership, him yelling at his WR for running the wrong route displays leadership, not lack there of.

Cam is under fire from the media not just because of his sidline demenor but because it seems to take him out of the game. Every player is going to show emotions, positive and negatives. It's boils down to how they deal with it.

Yelling at your receiver for a mistake is not leadership in my book. Can the receivers yell at him if he commits a mistake? As others have said the cameras may not show it but cam is over on the bench reviewing plays with the coach. The camera may focus on a couple of seconds of cam's face when he is downtrodden and looking sad but I can't count how many times I have seen that over the years with various quarterbacks

(Brees, Peyton, Brady, some fugging middle of the pack quarterback). Yet somehow cam is suppose to be this all encompassing leader that you see in your mind. Yeah ok buddy..

Archived