• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This might be a stretch as far as looking for positives.

SmootsDaddy89

2011: @ ATL 31-17 L

2012: @ ATL 30-28 L

Keep in mind that it's not like the Falcons stayed the same talent-wise from last year to this. I do think we're better as a team than we were last year. Fact reams that we can't consistently close out close games, and much of that blame rests with the coaching staff.

Yeah, we were close. We should have had it. I wouldn't say we played great, but we did play well enough to win. Let's not forget about Roddy White and Michael Turner pretty much having their way. Losing the way we did was just disappointing. We snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. I think that we have a great opportunity to develop into a squad that snatches victory out of the jaws of defeat. We are just a little too young and inexperienced, but we have a great opportunity to learn, make some tweaks, and turn it around.

There were plenty of positives to take from this game. None bigger than the lights out pass rush, in my opinion. Positives really outweigh the negatives, if you ask me.

Positives: pass rush, run game, Cam's poise, Pilares stepping up in 2 phases of the game, Olsen's performance in light of his personal issues

Negatives: Nakamura, Rivera's pussing out on 4th and 1, a couple of unfortunate fumbles (that are just a part of the game, I almost didn't even include them but I knew someone would make a big deal about it..)

IF the team can play consistently like they did today for the rest of the year (yea I know that's a big if) playoffs are not out of the question. Despite the final score, they played an overall good game. Just about everyone, including most everyone here, expected Atl to blow us out, especially in their home, and we were 59 seconds from winning. Whine about the record and outcome and coaching and dancing and whatever else you want to nitpick about all you want, but if today wasn't progress I don't know what is.

Frankly, we played better than I thought we would. The players showed a lot of heart, and CJ had a JPP type game.

The punt on 4th and 1 was a tough call either way, and I'm not going to 2nd guess RR on that one. But the clock management in the last 2 minutes of the first half is as bad as it gets. Can't give Rivera a pass on that one. It was just pitiful and sent a message to the team that the coach didn't believe they could do something positive.

The team is ready to win. I'm not sure the coaches are there yet.

Archived