• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI: Cam = Vince Young

SgtJoo

I am nowhere near ready to put Cam in the same category as VY. However, there ARE some things in Cam's performance and behavior that are concerning:

1. He has NOT been able to deliver late in the game when it is on the line.

2. He does sulk on the sideline when things don't go his way.So does every QB.

3. He did shun his team mates who went to celebrate with him in Atlanta, so that he could do his own little dance.

4. Chud is running a college read-option offense rather than an NFL style offense.

5. Cam's mechanics seem to be worse than last season...he is very slow through his progressions.

All of these things can be worked on and improved....but we wil lhave to see if they will. Maybe if you take off your extremely indenial glasses the improvement will begin.

I am nowhere near ready to put Cam in the same category as VY. That's so benevolent of you. However, there ARE some things in Cam's performance and behavior that are concerning:

1. He has NOT been able to deliver late in the game when it is on the line. Neither has the rest of your team. Why not call them out.

2. He does sulk on the sideline when things don't go his way.So does every QB. Don't see why his sulking should bother so many? Especially when other QBs aren't being srutinized to such extremes.

3. He did shun his team mates who went to celebrate with him in Atlanta, so that he could do his own little dance. And is that a fact or is that what another let's see what ish we can read into Cam's celebration because we're pissed our team loss and we find it easy to pile on our QB. I can bet you dollars to donuts if the media wasn't sitting there scrutinizing Cam many of you wouldn't be doing the same. Clearly says a lot about how some hide their true colors hide what others are doing.

4. Chud is running a college read-option offense rather than an NFL style offense. And you know that because? Or is this another attempt at acting like you're not getting all of your talking points against Cam from the media?

5. Cam's mechanics seem to be worse than last season...he is very slow through his progressions. How about the mechanics of the rest of the team? Oh yes, I keep forgetting. Having Cam on the team keeps your eyes off the rest of the team.

All of these things can be worked on and improved....but we wil lhave to see if they will. Maybe if you take off your extremely indenial glasses the improvement will begin.

I bet you any amount of money that if you got angry at players like Steve and call out the Captains and VETS of this team to step up and guide this team, you will see a different team. But nope.. You're afraid. Instead you rather sit and act all anal over everything your QB does because the media is doing it. And you got the nerve to question every move Cam makes?

What does that say about you as a fan? How much energy does it take to do what you're doing?

Cam has looked a little lethargic to me this year. When the rush is coming for example, it's like he's trying to look too comfortable--like he's too cool or something to scramble with urgency. Same thing on that pass to Hartsock-- it looked like he was "just chillin" when the game was on the line and wanted to calmly lay it in there.

Maybe it's his way of responding to all the pressure he's under, but if so, then he's overcompensating and trying to appear too calm. I'd like to see much more aggression and assertiveness even if it means he plays a bit impatient. Be hasty and take off running after a couple seconds and see if you can make something happen. Throw that dang ball through Hartsock's helmet if you have too--just make sure it gets there!

Like I said - VY is an easy comparison for the lazy Cam haters who were proved wrong last year.

They're both black and that's about all they have in common.

I'd also like to remind people that the "experts" and "analysts" who are knocking Cam with the "HAHA I TOLD YA SO! LAST YEAR WAS A FLUKE!" bullshit are probably the same ones who were ready to crown Vince Young coming out of college and after his rookie season. I'm still convinced Vince Young has mental issues and he appears to be very unstable mentally. Cam does not strike me in this way at all.

I read an article on Vince and why he is flat broke into a relatively young NFL career. Some of the stuff he purchased was absurd and a mentally competent person with any self worth or common sense wouldn't do those sort of things.

SI bashing 2 black QBs for the price of 1. Peope throwing VY under the bus, people throwing Cam under the bus. But I suppose theres nothing racial about telling Cam the honus is on him to prove hes not another black person he looks nothing alike. Couch was a #1 overall pick who flamed out, why no comparison to him? Lazy.

http://www.nfl.com/n...mparison-unfair

Dude struggles (under an A$s backwards, too cute for their own good play calling coordinator) and it shows on his face. Add in his face color is the same as VY and he's the next VY?... Last year these same people were slobbering all over him. The sports media world is full of gossip queen clowns. The mute button is your friend :)

Archived