• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagle's Reid fires Defensive Coordinator

Johnny Rockets

Well the offensive line coach to defensive coordinator experiment is finally over....hope he takes the Wide 9 with him.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Eagles-fire-Castillo-as-defensive-coordi?blockID=789381

Andy Reid fired Juan Castillo as defensive coordinator Tuesday morning and replaced him with veteran cornerbacks coach Todd Bowles, CSNPhilly.com has learned.

Castillo was in his second year as defensive coordinator after 13 years as offensive line coach. He initially joined the Eagles as an offensive assistant in 1995 and had been on the Eagles’ coaching staff longer than any coach in franchise history.

The move was a head scratcher to begin with.

Johnny Rockets do you think Andy should be shown the door after this season?

I agree with what KT just said. The owner came out publically at the end of last year that Reid's job was on the line and winning was the only option for him to keep it. I would say 80% of Philly fans have wanted Reid gone for a couple years at least. I am not necessarily one of them.

Archived