• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Rivera lost the team?

Who Said What?

If he had lost the locker room, it would be obvious from the play on the field.

Haven't seen it get to that point, as of now.

Yeah, I really do not want to see the wheels fall off any worse than they are now. I seen on the local news where they were like the Panthers are the laughing stock of the league. I don't see that, but it is around the bend.

Until I hear the players rallying to his defense, I will continue to assume he has. And it's a damn shame because we will just be pissing away the rest of this year unless he can somehow pull it together.

Why would players rally to his defense? He seems to throw them under the bus at every opportunity. Part of a coach's job is to take pressure in himself and off if the players. Rivera has done the opposite.

Why would players rally to his defense? He seems to throw them under the bus at every opportunity. Part of a coach's job is to take pressure in himself and off if the players. Rivera has done the opposite.

Yeah, I get pissed every time I think about the press conference where he was like I believe that Cam is pressing. Of course he is, he is 23 and your OC is on some terrible triple option nonsense. You stand up and take the heat coach!

UhhhOhhh. Rivera stepping up. Listen to his tone now.

Coach Ron Rivera talked about Newton on Wednesday and admitted the Panthers may have tried too hard to get overly creative on offense this season.

“He’s had an up and down year,” Rivera said. “He’s done some really good things, and he’s struggling at some other things. … Part of it is about what we’ve done schematically. Part of the things we’ve tried to do is stay ahead of the curve. We may have gotten too far out there.”

“Last year we were a little bit of an unknown commodity. This year we’re a little bit more known. So I think it’s a combination of things.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/10/24/3619789/different-more-honest-cam-newton.html#storylink=cpy

Rivera sounds like a "yes man" to me in how he has described his role for the balance of the season.

.....................I see absolutely no confidence in his voice and/or vocabulary during any interview with the media..........he will often repeat or studder like in a ship without a rudder just trashing through the water.

Mark my words........we end up at best 3-13............

He was turned down for a head coaching job prior to the Panthers 9 times by other NFL teams.............

If this guy is savvy and sharp..... then he is putting on the best acting job I've ever seen from a coach..........

Mark my words again.......this will be his last job as a head coach in the NFL....................

I think this game is his last chance. Hey, remember Capers notebook and red pen?

Any real Panthers fan remembers that. Capers, that is why it is so funny how he was getting so much praise in Texas. Yeah Rivera is saying that he is riding one back and making all knds of moves this week. It is like Smitty said though "Its a shame if it takes a man losing his job for you to start doing yours."

JR fired the wrong guy at the wrong time.

Rivera and Chud should have been fired first, then the GM let go within a day or so.

A GM does most of his heavy lifting during the off season, free agency and draft time. The middle of the season is their down-time. If someone can explain to me how canning the GM gives this team any better shot at winning this week or next, I'd be happy to listen.

Archived