• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have the best DE duo?

Dpantherman

Luke is playing pretty good, but he still needs to learn how to get off a block faster. but it would also help if somebody in front of him would not allow that blocker to get up to the 2nd level of the defense which happens some this year with the Edwards wall.which is why most of us were screaming for a DT last year.

Luke is playing pretty good, but he still needs to learn how to get off a block faster. but it would also help if somebody in front of him would not allow that blocker to get up to the 2nd level of the defense which happens some this year with the Edwards wall.which is why most of us were screaming for a DT last year.

DT play is not a problem as you erroneously thought it would be. And Kuechly is a rookie who is still learning how to play in this league. He is not going to be clean all game especially as quick as he reads a play and charges inside. He is also going to be fooled at times and make a bad read. The defensse is actually coming together for the first time in years.

I watch a fairly decent amount of Cal football living in Northen Cali so I have to ask, am I the only one that isn't the least bit enamel red with Keenan Allen? He's a good WR, but nothing I'd rely on to replace Steve Smith at any time in the near future.

I feel that way about all of the college WRs. THanks for the insight, though. I worry that the leagues with a lot of the wide-open offenses have inflated stock at the QB and WR positions.

I think there are some gems to be had in the draft, but not sure that the draft sites have the WRs evaluated correctly at this point.

have to disagree. yes he is good, but could be a lot better if his brother was some what a good, consitent QB. the guy runs the entire route tree, and has the speed and size you would for a #1 to have. plus he makes people miss in the open field, dude is a beast.has produced since stepping foot on campus as a true freshman.

I agree 1000%. Allen is the type of WR I can see having 13 rec for 150 type games consistently. I see him having Dez Bryant type production (this year's Dez) without the baggage.

And, as you said, he can dominate without a good QB...the sign of a good Wideout.

DT play is not a problem as you erroneously thought it would be. And Kuechly is a rookie who is still learning how to play in this league. He is not going to be clean all game especially as quick as he reads a play and charges inside. He is also going to be fooled at times and make a bad read. The defensse is actually coming together for the first time in years.

I am glad you defended Kuechly. His numbers say pro bowl. But what I like about him is this--When he hits the ball carrier, forward progress stops at that moment.

All MLBs miss on occasion, have trouble getting off blocks. Kuechly and Davis seem to be playing a step closer to the LOS than say an Urlacher or Willis do. That makes it tougher to reach block them, but it also makes it tougher to read and react.

its not a problem because a pretty decent vet was cut right before the season, and we were lucky to get him. but both guys are 30+ and no telling how long they will be playing at this level, so some young blood should be brought in.i know he will not be clean but he still needs to get off blocks quicker.that will come with time in the weight room. and those false steps will get corrected with experience and just making the right read.

I feel that way about all of the college WRs. THanks for the insight, though. I worry that the leagues with a lot of the wide-open offenses have inflated stock at the QB and WR positions.

I think there are some gems to be had in the draft, but not sure that the draft sites have the WRs evaluated correctly at this point.

which is another reason why Allen is pretty good, he is in pro style offense. yes they have some spread sets, but so do every team in the league. he runs good routes and is a threat to take it all the way.

which is another reason why Allen is pretty good, he is in pro style offense. yes they have some spread sets, but so do every team in the league. he runs good routes and is a threat to take it all the way.

Not doubting that there is a lot of potential there, I am just thinking we need a proven #1, even if it costs us.

I don't really get into the 40 times of WRs or the college production because some teams like WV are playing schedules where the scores look like Basketball game results. I sorta watch 3 things, one of which you mention--route running, separation (part of route running but I give it a separate category because I include body positioning) and hands in traffic and away from the body.

Surprisingly, one of the best that I have seen in college this year is Duke's Vernon. Not saying he will be a star #1, but at this point in his development, he is solid.

Archived