• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eury Jr. on the way out?

Kettle

Personally, I think Jr. will be much better off without a family member at the helm of his crew.

I think Eury Jr. is the problem myself (and I haven't read the article, so I dunno what it says yet) but, when Eury Sr. was the man overseeing things for Jr. at DEI, Jr was a top contender pretty much each week.

Then Eury Jr. came in and it slow slipped away from where Eury Sr. had the team. (granted people changed on teh crew too and all that, but the setups and in race changes were the thing)

Jr. has proven he's a good driver, sometimes to cautious (if you ask me) of a driver at times.

If the replace Eury Jr., I think it'll be a change for the better.

I think honestly the overshooting of the pit stalls by the driver this season is because the driver is try'n to hard to make things happen that he can control, and over doing it.

IMO, DE Jr needs a strong personality crew cheif that will tell him to STFU and drive, also one that can understand car setups and how to fix it......

Are they trying that hard to go against the grain at HMS??? Hendrick cars are usually good even with a bad driver in them.

If they make this change and nothing good becomes of it, then we will finally have prove that Little E is the most OVERATED DRIVER EVER!!

Here's what I think. Some people have said Junior doesn't know how to tell the crew chief what the car is doing .. That's BS Juniors been around the track and in the pits and I'm sure on countless testing sessions with his father years ago. I believe he would know what's going on. And how to relay that to the CC

On the other hand when they unload the car at a track if it ain't fast off the truck they never get any better. I lay that at the crew chief's feet. I don't think Eury Jr. knows crap. It seems Knaus always has some sorta of backup plan if the 48 is crap , and Eury Jr. just keeps making minor air psi adjustments..lol.

They should go ahead and switch Martin's crew chief with Eury Jr. and I think then in a couple races , Martin would be able to give Hendrick a thumbs up or a this guy Sucks.

And then also see if Junior does any better under Martins CC. If he don't then Hendrick can see about signing Keselowski for next year..lol

Archived