• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nice piece on Goodson

Fireball77

If this needs to be moved to the OTA thread, be my guest. Wasn't sure if all was being confined to that thread or not.

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=1093

Goodson, who just turned 22 last week, said he wasn’t disappointed the Panthers drafted him, even though they already have two established young running backs.

“I watched DeAngelo and Stewart a lot. When Stewart was at Oregon I was a really big fan. What those guys did last year, that was impressive,” Goodson said. “And they’ve really helped me.

“I just want to compete. I think I can bring a different element. I think I can bring some speed on the edge and in the holes.”

I really like what Goodson brings to the table, he's a bit different to the other two backs in that he's probably a better receiver than he is anything else and Davidson doesn't have any aversion to feeding backs with passes.

While I don't think we'll see a whole lot of him as a running back this year, if he's activated it could make for an interesting "Philly" backfield if we ever bring that package out again.

Something tells me having Stewart, Goodson and Williams on the field at the same time, given all three's ability as receivers would be very difficult for linebackers on an opposing defense.

At first, I didn't like the pick, but the more I hear the more I like it. Even though we have two established running backs, a solid 3rd is excellent to have on hand. If Goodsen is utlized in the slot/backfield passing game, he could get a lot good matchups.

i can not WAIT to see him play!

i'm excited about what this kid is going to be able to do. great thing about it...no one is talking about it. teams are going to be so focused on that running game of williams/stewart that this snake is going to come up and bite them on their legs.

one of the things that i really hope is going to be happening is that jake is going to be really pushed to spread the ball around a whole lot more (as opposed to forcing the ball more).

I think you can never have too much depth at a position. Although most of us don't like to admit it injuries happen often and if one of our guys gets hurt we won't skip a beat because Goodson can step in.

I'm more intrigued by the possibilities of Goodson as a receiver than anything else. We need another speedy weapon to help Smitty and Jake out a little bit.

It does worry me that Goodson seems to have had so many problems in his college career. You never know though, sometimes a guy just needs a new start. Hopefully, Goodson will take full advantage of the opportunity he has with the Panthers.

Archived