• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2013 Sleepers / Diamonds in the Rough

Dash Global

Would like to hear about who you guys think are sleepers/diamonds in the rough.

Ill start.

DT Montori Hughes

Big DT that was a highly rated prep player that was dismissed from Tennessee and finished out his college career at Tennessee-Martin.

CB/S Melvin White

Big fast athletic DB from Louisiana Layfayette that has played S and CB.

Glad to see this thread.

I am also glad DT is pretty loaded this year.

I kind of disagree about Montori Hughes. Yes, the raw ablity is there, but he put up mostt of his stats at the FCS level vs. a 2-win team. He should have dominated.

A player who played on the FCS level and DID dominate is Georgia Southern's Brent Russell. He too, however,has character issues.

My sleeper DT is Chris Jones of Bowling Green. 6-1, 292 and quick. Finished 4th in the nation with 12.5 sacks (a DT, mind you).

Regarding Hughes, he was double teamed quite a bit. Just in the youtube vid he was being doubled and still holding is ground quite well.

I want a NT that has the tools physically to excel at his position.

Russell and Jones are UTs. Although id prefer us to draft a potential starting NT I wouldnt be upset with those guys.

Ricky Wagner (OT Wisconsin)

I trust Wisconsin o-lineman more than any other school in the country. Wanted Zeitler last season who's played great in the league and think Wagner definitely could be good at the next level. Is average in some areas but doesn't have any glaring weaknesses.

Archived