• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor killer on Chip Kelly wanting 'total control'

Dpantherman

Ahh, but what if we changed that name to Gettleman?

Same story. Ross' job may not be here but as far as I know, no one else is looking at Gettleman.

Posted in the other thread, but Albert Breer is theorizing that Chip Kelly may be anxious to jump to the NFL right at this moment because he knows that Oregon is about to get busted by the NCAA for violations.

Someone remind me, wasn't that Pete Carroll's story too?

Same story. Ross' job may not be here but as far as I know, no one else is looking at Gettleman.

Posted in the other thread, but Albert Breer is theorizing that Kelly may be anxious to jump to the NFL right now because he knows Oregon is about to get busted for violations. Someone remind me, wasn't that Pete Carroll's story too?

Yeah, the same happen with Pete Caroll also. The good thing is nobody hasn't been hired yet. All the coaches are still on the market and the General managers are doing interviews. We probably want find out the leading candidates for jobs in till the weekend. The best thing for us as fans to do is to be patient. JR really wants to win and that's the main reason why he brought in Ernie Accorsi. He has plans to rebuild the front office. As for Rivera, I think his fate will be left up to the GM or JR has already made up his mind about what he is going to do.

Chip Kelly will not be here, if we do part ways with RR. Too much interest from other teams, JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

Chip Kelly will not be here, if we do part ways with RR. Too much interest from other teams, JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

Yea, that's why Fox's Staff was one of the highest paid staff's in the NFL during his tenure here.... Right????

Only an idiot would give him complete control. He's never even won a national championship in college yet people are acting like he's going to be a franchise savior.

Haslam is a first time owner.

He's had a stake in the Steelers for a while, but this will be the first time he's been in the driver's seat.

That has nothing to do with what I posted.

Yea actually it does, your post hints at JR being cheap. Which isn't the case always, I mean Fox wasn't found in the salvage pile when he was hired. JR then paid the man's staff a ton of money to keep them around for as long as they were here.

Also the team's made quite a few splashes in FA or via trade, they just didn't work out too well for the team. You act like JR is against spending money on his Front Office and coaching staff's as well as players in FA. That's not the case and is quite wrong. So yes it does reflect back on the point you were trying to make.

If you want to know what hinted at JR being cheap it was this >

JR won't get into a bidding war for a big name, same thing with FA players. It's like he finds it demeaning, so we always end up digging through the scrap pile looking for a diamond in the rough.

Don't think JR will get into a bidding war for Kelly:

http://oregon.247spo...n-Philly-109307

just like we weren't going to with harbaugh.

i know he's not "cheap" but i also don't like the fact that he just won't jump in.

JR is a myopic individual with eyes only for his club...the NFL. doesn't matter that harbaugh or kelly could take the team to the top...he's not part of that group so he doesn't get considered.

Yea actually it does, your post hints at JR being cheap. Which isn't the case always, I mean Fox wasn't found in the salvage pile when he was hired. JR then paid the man's staff a ton of money to keep them around for as long as they were here.

Also the team's made quite a few splashes in FA or via trade, they just didn't work out too well for the team. You act like JR is against spending money on his Front Office and coaching staff's as well as players in FA. That's not the case and is quite wrong. So yes it does reflect back on the point you were trying to make.

If you want to know what hinted at JR being cheap it was this >

My point was that JR is stubborn and seems like he wants to prove he can make it work with player's/coaches that other teams have no interest in or are done with because of age...and then he pays them like pro bowlers that are in their prime.

My point was that JR is stubborn and seems like he wants to prove he can make it work with player's/coaches that other teams have no interest in or are done with because of age...and then he pays them like pro bowlers that are in their prime.

OK, Now he is definitely stubborn as hell. However his last two coaching choices weren't exactly bottom of the barrel guys. Fox was a pretty hot coaching candidate when he was hired here, less so on Rivera. If he feels like someone is his guy, he'll get into a bidding war for them for sure. It's just does the new GM feel the same way about Kelly and is Kelly even a target. With the amount of rumors I'd say he's a target if JR decides to let Rivera go. Not sure on that last part though.

Archived