• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top-5 Prospects by Position

Catalyst

Patterson is as raw as they come. Needs to really improve is route running and hands.Taking a gamble drafting him. Which most ppl will be find with as the potential is there.

You can teach a guy route running. You can't teach the kind of natural playmaking ability Patterson has.

You can teach a guy route running. You can't teach the kind of natural playmaking ability Patterson has.

Route running yes, hands not so much. Either way the potential is there that would justify a high pick.

But with the draft being so deep with WRs and our line issues we cant afford to take a WR in the 1st.

I'd like him in the 2nd, but he seems like more of a #2 to me than an elite #1. And I don't see the burst that NFL WR's need. Not just in that video, but in game clips I've watched of him. I'm a bigger fan of Justin Hunter than him, TBH, but I don't view either as top-5.

Route running yes, hands not so much. Either way the potential is there that would justify a high pick.

But with the draft being so deep with WRs and our line issues we cant afford to take a WR in the 1st.

Hands... well, it's true it can't be taught, but guys can improve in this area. Just look at Brandon LaFell.

No, Hunter didnt have as impressive year as many hoped.

Rogers played for Tenn in 2011 I believe and tore up the SEC.

I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to Zach Rodgers, who is also a good WR prospect from TN...just definitely not a first round talent.

Da'Rick Rogers is a better WR prospect than both Patterson and Hunter, but it is almost a certainty that he will get into trouble. "Character issues" are a huge cause for concern with him. Dooley gave him numerous chances to straighten himself out, but he never cared enough to try. He was apparently a huge locker room problem, too. He screamed at coaches and players on a daily basis.

Archived