• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Gettleman lure Giant FA's ?

Rubi

I think gettlemsn is comfortable drafting that he doesn't need to bring in any giants fa's. I would like to take a minute to say I'm glad we have him here cuz I still think victor Cruz was the best sleeper pick up in years.

Can Gettleman take any credit for Cruz? They obviously didn't think highly enough of him to actually draft him. While someone must have been intrigued for them to sign him, if they had any clue how good he would be I have to believe they would have actually drafted him. I've seen people try to credit Ross as well with Cruz, but it seems to be it's more good fortune than any particular front office brilliance.

one thing to consider is that one of gentleman's strengths throughout his career is in finding overlooked but very talented players.

i would expect to see some very 'wtf' type player pickups as well as a whole lot of bitching until we see that he actually knows what he's doing.

Can Gettleman take any credit for Cruz? They obviously didn't think highly enough of him to actually draft him. While someone must have been intrigued for them to sign him, if they had any clue how good he would be I have to believe they would have actually drafted him. I've seen people try to credit Ross as well with Cruz, but it seems to be it's more good fortune than any particular front office brilliance.

well, I know one thing we didn't and haven't hit like that. If he sees something like that in another player then I will be cool with it. The chance of that type of hit is why I'm glad he is here.

Archived