• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential Compensatory Picks:

Cam's New Arm

This is a fairly accurate projecton, I lost the link I got it from and in a hurry right now but I will post it later, But here they are:

3rd round- Houston (1)

4th round- Oakland (1), Baltimore (1), Green Bay (1), Detroit (1)

5th round- Atlants (1), Baltimore (1), San Fransico (1)

6th round- Baltimore* (2), Carolina (2), Houston (3), Oakland (3), Miami (1)

7th round- Arizona, Atlanta, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Miami, Tennesse, Pittsburg all get 1 and Philly and KC both get 2

* Baltimore should have recived a 4th, 5th, 6th and 2 7th, but since a team can only recieve 4 picks, the NFL adds the 2 7ths and makes them 1 6th.

Heres the link with explanations

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/

Two additional six rounders.. Not bad!

Who would they have been for?

Not bad at all. I'm surprised.

I'm not terribly surprised. I figured we'd get one for Connor. I'm a little surprised if one of them is for Wharton. Didn't he go to IR in the preseason? I dunno, but two extra 6ths will come in handy. A kicker and some OL depth with those two picks please :)

I think it is based strictly on the size of the contract. Wharton going to IR should not have any impact on it.

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. The salary/contract is the primary factor, but at least 1 site says playing time is also part of the formula.

Yeah, we'll have to figure this out. I'm unsure myself

Either way, you gotta admit, as much as we all hate ATL minus Grits and ATL1stPanthers2nd, McClain sure proved his worth this season. Its always cool for those late rounders that come out of their shell.

I think it is based strictly on the size of the contract. Wharton going to IR should not have any impact on it.

I'm on an iPad so I can't copy and paste the whole thing (or don't know how to if it is possible) but wiki says the formula is based on salary, playing time and postseason honors with salary being the primary factor.

Archived