• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Da'rick Rogers

Gabeking

I know he has legitimate character concerns but I think if he does well with the interviews and proves he won't be a problem-child he could be an absolute steal in the second round for us or any team who takes him, though all those issues are still scary, no doubt.. What do you all think?

Love the potential of Patterson and the route running and hands of Tavon Austin, but I've believed for months Rogers is the best WR in the class. If Rogers didn't have character concerns and stayed at Tennessee, he'd have been a 1st round lock. We'll have to see if JR's policy of avoiding low character guys changes with Gettleman.

I do think that Rogers is sa bit faster than Lafell and more physical, but I can see the comparison. Very Boldin-esque.

I don't think he's faster at all and maybe a little bigger. But I don't see the YAC or big play ability he looks like a possession wr. He also looks really stiff. And to be honest I see more wiggle in Lafell game then Rogers after the catch. Also Brandon Looks like a better big play threat. That should worry some people about Rogers.

Love the potential of Patterson and the route running and hands of Tavon Austin, but I've believed for months Rogers is the best WR in the class. If Rogers didn't have character concerns and stayed at Tennessee, he'd have been a 1st round lock. We'll have to see if JR's policy of avoiding low character guys changes with Gettleman.

we've drafted several guys with character concerns...

Man I hadn't seen that Lafell video in a moment. Did he get slower or something? I predict Rogers will run a 4.5 flat to 4.55 at the combine. Lafell ran a 4.58. I can see where Lafell seems to have more "wiggle"

But you see what I mean Rogers seem to get tackle right after he makes the catch and Lafell seem to make some people miss. Maybe Lafell not faster but runs better routes because he seem to get wide open and have more running room in college then Rogers did. But he also seem to break away from defenders which I've seen flashes of in the pros but not consistantly so maybe it's the game speed to track speed thing.

we've drafted several guys with character concerns...

At least from picks in the last 5 years or so, not to the extent of Rogers.

http://espn.go.com/c...ed-indefinitely

Sure we've taken guys like Cam with a record, but I honestly don't think the laptop thing put off many suitors.

Brandon Hogan on the other hand had several run in's with the law, coupled with injury concerns he fell to the 4th round. Urinating in public and dwi.

To me character concerns only matter with critical picks in the 1st and 2nd round. Unless a guy is a pedophile, murderer, arsonist, rapist or Dixiecrat, 3rd - 7th round picks aren't held to the same character level as a 1st or 2nd rounder in JR's book it seems. I honestly don't see us using our 2nd rounder to take Rogers with the concerns, but I also don't see him being available in the 4th for our next pick.

Archived