• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Origin PC

Darth Biscuit

No, work... You can get them with the Nvidia Quadro M cards and do 3D stereo work.

I don't know what you do exactly but chances are you do not need a machine anything at all this badass if you aren't trying to run the latest and greatest games or doing some sort of high end video/cgi work.

CAD software is usually more demanding than games. Games simply push the current generation of hardware as far as it can go whereas CAD software can always use better hardware, regardless of the capabilities of the current generation.

Yes, we work with huge images and large datasets such as LiDAR and topographic data.

The images off the scanner are sometimes in excess of 2GB each and LiDAR datasets that run in the billions of points.

This won't be my main workstation, but it will get used for that sometimes. Also I do all my flight planning and project layouts on my current laptop (so that I can do it if I'm at home or on the road) and I want my new one to have the capability to do 3D stereo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998061

Archived