• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why can't we ever just make a splash?

Tomorrow, we'll all wake up and watch other teams make signings that make them better and put them over the top. Most of these teams will be teams that are already further along than we are. These same teams will draft absolute studs while we take safe guys and try to "outsmart" everyone else with crafty reaches.

Just like today... you're telling me we couldn't flip something to get a Harvin or a Boldin in here? Come on. Both of the teams that got it done are already ahead of us, and we will be behind them next season probably once again.

I get so tired of watching NFL network every night and being an absolute after though in this league. At some point you have to be all in. Just go out and sign someone who is big time. Get it done. Worry about being under the cap later. Other teams who are in cap trouble still somehow find a way year in and year out.

Just once I wish we would make a splash, make the big move, and then make another big move and draft a stud in the first round. Love Kuechly and Cam... but we need more offensive weapons. Not satisfactory type guys. We need another star.

I get tired of watching NFL Films only to see highlights of another team's super bowl run or storied tradition. I love the panthers, I hate how we do things a step behind.

It's not JUST about cap space. We haven't always been in bad cap shape either. This isn't just a "this year" thing.

Just once, trade some future picks to trade back up into the first round and land a couple of studs after you draft a guy for the trenches or a linebacker. Give the QB some more weapons other than Smith. Give Smith some more weapons other than just Smith.

It just gets old man. These other teams are loaded with stars.... their are over the cap, it gets talked about all the time on PFT... yet they find a way.

Harvin was released because he is unreliable, often hurt , and can't stay on the field. He started 8 games last year, has never had a 1000 yard season and is not the answer for us. Boldin is 32 years old and hardly someone to build a team around. Most of these early signings are a waste of money for players who will likely disappoint. Not the kind of players we need or want.

Wanting to make a big move just to do something is hardly the way to build a consistent winner.

Harvin was released because he is unreliable, often hurt , and can't stay on the field. He started 8 games last year, has never had a 1000 yard season and is not the answer for us. Boldin is 32 years old and hardly someone to build a team around. Most of these early signings are a waste of money for players who will likely disappoint. Not the kind of players we need or want.

Wanting to make a big move just to do something is hardly the way to build a consistent winner.

Harvin was traded, not released.

No one would suggest the niners are building around Boldin, and we wouldn't have been for giving up a 6th round or late round pick for him. He would be great to have opposite Smith and with another young WR added.... are you kidding me? Did you watch the postseason? Do you watch teams other than the Panthers? Boldin can flat out play this game and has 3 or 4 seasons left in him at this level likely.

For a sixth rounder? Jesus... That's why the Niners are going back to the Super Bowl while we're headed to Head Coach emporium.

This is what people post when there's a shrivel of truth in the acusation and they can't think of intelligent discussion to add. Have fun with your gifs.

The only truth is you're a fairweather bandwagoner and have been exposed too many times here.

Oh and you aren't the only one who can neg rep little lady.

Archived