• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lame Duck Situation....

Hotsauce

Did anyone honestly think we would be going into another Lame Duck year after only 3 years?

I loathe a Lame Duck coaching situation. But I think the biggest difference with RR vs. JF is JF knew he wasn't coming back and he would land as a Head Coach somewhere. This is probably RRs only shot at Head Coach, so I think this will be his most motivating year! At least that it what I hope!

Rivera will get a job as a DC elsewhere if he can't be a HC here.

I think he is best suited to be a college coach, where he can focus on discipline and teaching young players. I have this feeling he will be the HC for CAL someday.

I dont think it's a lame duck sitation. I think JR is legitimately giving RR another shot. That's why he found a GM that would hang on to him. The fan base can't take another lame duck season and I don't think the players would either. They are trying to win for sure.

John Fox was also a no balls candyass who never adapted and wouldn't put the best players on the field. He can suck sh!t.

Rivera might get fired after this year if we don't have a winning record but given he still has 2 years left on his contract, he can't by definition be a lame duck coach. If the criteria for lame duck was that the coach had to win or face replacement, that would apply to most of the coaches in the league not newly hired or legends like Bellicheck .

I really would like to see Rivera gone. I wanted a rising OC or college head coach. But that's just me.........

I mean Panthers should have been 14-2, but nooooo Rivera does not know how to coach talent. I bet if Dungy had this team in his prime, they would went to the playoffs two years in a row.......well maybe not, Just can't stand Rivera...LOL

It sucks but it was inevitable. Too much money tied up in unproductive players. I was initially against bringing Rivera back, but after realizing we are going to be bad next year regardless of the coach I think it's smart to not force whoever our coach of the future is to start on such a bad note. Take our lumps, get the roster headed in the right direction, we will hopefully be able to give the next coach some more to work with. It sucks we are in a position where we have to think like this but hey, we've got to treat the world as it is, not as it should be.

It sucks but it was inevitable. Too much money tied up in unproductive players. I was initially against bringing Rivera back, but after realizing we are going to be bad next year regardless of the coach I think it's smart to not force whoever our coach of the future is to start on such a bad note. Take our lumps, get the roster headed in the right direction, we will hopefully be able to give the next coach some more to work with. It sucks we are in a position where we have to think like this but hey, we've got to treat the world as it is, not as it should be.

When do you think the Panthers will have a realistic shot at having a true playoff run? Like a Nfc Championship type of playoff run? What year will that be to you?

When do you think the Panthers will have a realistic shot at having a true playoff run? Like a Nfc Championship type of playoff run? What year will that be to you?

Optimistically, maybe the 2015 season. That's if we hire the right coach next year, make above average draft choices and signings, and successfully develop most of our current young talent towards their "best case" scenarios. A lot will have to go right.

You must be a fan of a team like the Jets and just troll here. Otherwise you clearly aren't talking about the Panthers. We didn't need to pick up a ton of players and had very few free agents to sign. Sure we don't have much money but people have easily pointed out where we could save millions if we needed it. We have the pieces to contend this year. After the draft and picks ups we will make after June 1st, we will be fine. We will contend in 2013 not years down the road barring major injuries to key players. Save your sympathy for someone else. And I will wait until we struggle before agreeing with your negative assessment. You would hope anyone who is a fan of the team would feel the same way. doom and gloom predictions in March are incredibly premature. As if you have the mindset going in before you even see what we do. Biased no matter what we do.

I prefer the half full scenario to the half empty. Optimist versus pessimist.

Optimistically, maybe the 2015 season. That's if we hire the right coach next year, make above average draft choices and signings, and successfully develop most of our current young talent towards their "best case" scenarios. A lot will have to go right.

Just like in 2003 after going 7-9 in 2002 in Fox's first year, we all knew where we were going to be in march of that year. Yeah sure it won't be before 2015 because we all know that we will suck in 2013 and 2014.

We have the components right now to contend. It we follow in the Giants model with Gettleman, neither year they won the Superbowl they were expected to do much. They got on a roll late and Manning got hot and the defense played well. Thee same pieces we have in place outside of DT which got shored up somewhat with Edwards and will be solidified by camp.

Proclamations such as yours are premature and therefore lack crediblility.

Archived