• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Denny Hamlin has broken back

cptx

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/03/25/denny-hamlin-injured-joey-logano-nascar-sprint-cup/2018153/

FONTANA, Calif. -- Denny Hamlin has been diagnosed with a compression fracture in his lower back following a crash on the last lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400.

The compression fracture -- which occurs when a vertebrae in the spine collapses -- can occur in healthy people who suffer a vertical shock to the area.

Hamlin remained hospitalized near Auto Club Speedway on Monday, as he met with doctors to determine the extent of his injury. He wrecked while racing for the lead with rival Joey Logano, a former teammate who initiated the contact. Hamlin was airlifted to a hospital.

Nice job Logano.

I dont think it was intentional. He overdrove the corner and ran out of talent, then tried to play it off and act tough. The lil fuger has bought in to his own hype.

He doesn't even have hype anymore lol I wonder where all of those people who were calling him the next Jeff Gordon are now

He doesn't even have hype anymore lol I wonder where all of those people who were calling him the next Jeff Gordon are now

Nah man, all season since he's been running halfway decent with Penske they've been saying how he's "turned the corner", and finally started hitting his potential.

In 5 races, Matt already has half as many wins in the 20 as he did in 150ish.

I thought mark was gonna drive the 11 while Hamlin was out and Vickers was gonna get a headstart with the 55 team. I know Gibbs had thought about Vickers for the 11 but waltrip wanted to keep him in the 55 since he's gonna take over for mark next year. I'm a Vickers fan and I would love to see him in a jgr cup car but I think its better that he gets some more work in with his future team.

Archived