• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

T. Austin < or = J. Adams

Who Said What?

Says the guy who talked about physicality first with his tap on the wrist bullshit. Explain your point with evidence next time and not a cowardly internet moronic attempt to be derogatory hypocrite. I would like to repeat dumbshit for the cheap seats.

What's cowardly is putting on some internet tough guy act because someone disagrees with your basic premise. Adams does not equal Austin, nor is anyone with credibility claiming such an ill-advised comparison. Their stats, particularly in their senior year, are not equal. Their rushing ability is worlds apart. Their TD totals aren't equal. Their return stats are not equal (though Adams had a slightly higher PR avg.). Even if they were, Adams can't hold onto the rock. Then when you compare their speed---combine or on the field---Austin obviously has another gear. Throw in explosiveness, dynamic ability, and just overall value to their respective offenses at a collegiate level, there really is no comparison.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-adams-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/tavon-austin-1.html

In regards to your dumbshit comment, dumbass, you want to escalate until we get banned? Nuns popping kids' knuckles back in the day hardly equates to a level of physicality that warrants my comments to even be considered as a threat. I ain't no little meek child that will put up with your internet bravado, tough guy bullshit.

What's cowardly is putting on some internet tough guy act because someone disagrees with your basic premise. Adams does not equal Austin, nor is anyone with credibility claiming such an ill-advised comparison. Their stats, particularly in their senior year, are not equal. Their rushing ability is worlds apart. Their TD totals aren't equal. Their return stats are not equal (though Adams had a slightly higher PR avg.). Even if they were, Adams can't hold onto the rock. Then when you compare their speed---combine or on the field---Austin obviously has another gear. Throw in explosiveness, dynamic ability, and just overall value to their respective offenses at a collegiate level, there really is no comparison.

http://www.sports-re...oe-adams-1.html

http://www.sports-re...n-austin-1.html

In regards to your dumbshit comment, dumbass, you want to escalate until we get banned? Nuns popping kids' knuckles back in the day hardly equates to a level of physicality that warrants my comments to even be considered as a threat. I ain't no little meek child that will put up with your internet bravado, tough guy bullshit.

I don"t want to get banned. Instead, let's get cerebral!

Regardless of how he compares, we aren't taking him at 14.

i don't think you can definitively say that.

he is most definitely a possibility there, one of quite a few from a few different positions. the interest is there for sure.

I think he'd be more likely in a trade down situation. You are correct, I just couldn't find anyone suggesting he would be taken that early....until I looked a little harder

And not only is he moving up the draft boards, but now there is talk that the 49ers, Vikings, and possibly even the Patriots moving up to take him. I will give him his due: he is the talk of the 2013 NFL draft. Makes me wonder even more if we are giving him serious consideration. But, if we can pick up a first and that third round pick, then we may pull the trigger if Austin is still on the board.

I never thought that Austin might have to fall to us, but perhaps the true value is there amidst all the smoke(screens).

Archived