• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper on Panthers draft

PantherAZ

Don't know where they got the 62% number, but his official number's through the NCAA and Tennessee are 95.8% Catch rate with 4.2% of intended targets dropped. So it looks like PFF is fabricating stats for a team. lol Included a link for the stats from Rotoworld.

As for the review from an inferior site, I've said he's got route running issues and mental lapses when catching but neither are as big of a deal or as bad as it's made out. He's route running got considerably better as the season progressed as did his catching technique, which really means neither are a big deal. He cut's well and when asked to perform double moves, he gets separation and makes plays. I've shown that already in this thread.

As for KKL and the 4.27 40ty, I posted the article in my original post about his speed. It's from his days at Junior college.

http://www.rotoworld...relle-patterson

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson dropped 4.2 percent of the targets he saw in 2012.

A lot has been made about Patterson's body catching, tending to shield the ball in his chest or stomach rather than ****** it with hands away from his body. However, as the statistic concludes, few of those possible catches resulted in drops. For comparison's sake, Keenan Allen dropped 4.7 percent, Terrance Williams checked in with 5.8 percent, and Justin Hunter's number was a whopping 12.1 percent.

I'm done though, I've posted video and stats that contradict what was argued about him on here from the start. All that's been done is a an inferior site article...... some fictitious stats and arguments in which the video's contradict.

As for the an inferior site, he makes a mistake on the Florida play which makes me question if he actually watched the game or not. The play he said was a drop, was a catch for 12 yards on a 4-10 play that was downed by contact. No Fumble, no Drop or anything else. I don't know how you make that mistake if you actually watched it........... The play in question comes around the 1 minute mark in the video I posted.

http://www.derp/2013/3/3/4033064/patterson-v-jones

Purifoy successfully strips the ball from Patterson; it's a drop. Had Patterson caught the ball away from his body, with his palms facing downward, odds are he successfully makes the catch, and possibly breaks free from Purifoy. Perhaps he even succeeds in drawing pass interference from the Gator.

10:172ndTenn4th & 10 at Fla30Bray pass completion to the left to Patterson for 12 yards to the Fla18.

Read More: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz2PbhqGj96

I come with correct statements and facts and everyone else is using fabrications and lies..... HMMMMMM

just sitting loling at kkl circular masquerade

"people put too much stock in 40!!s"

"no no no Patterson isn't very fast! Look at his 40 after all!!"

Lol

No way this guy makes it to the draft if the mods are worth their salt

i find it funny that everyone claims patterson isnt a top 10 reciever but we pick at 14. at the end of they day if there was a julio jones, calvin johnson, or aj green in this draft we we wouldnt even get them because they would be top 7 picks. yes patterson is a little bit of a gamble but the only gamble is will he put in the work cause if he does he wont be a problem. if you expect his team to improve and get better from this point out we should never draft higher than 12. if we wont a future #1 and a replacement for steve smith i think patterson is our best option. cause if we go 8-8 or 9-7 like i hope we wont be getting a bonifide number 1 next year either

The 62% came from PFF and another site that crunches numbers, which has been passed around an inferior site. That stat has more credibility than the NCAA's inflated stat.

Considerably better? No. He improved, but nowhere near enough to be a Top 10 WR. He struggled with routes, physical DBs, creating separation and hauling in passes away from his body all year long.

Yeah, and he supposedly ran a 4.2 at the pre-combine workouts. He ran a 4.4 officially.

I think this will be a nice official close to this debate here.

I find that funny, considering this is the first time his catching skills are being brought into question and the official stats and the recorded stats if you actually watch game film is that the 4.2% drop rate is fairly accurate and not some absurd 34%.

One of his strength's coming into Tennessee was catching and concentration. You can look that up, so I find it absurd that he's gone from having catching as a strength to a major weakness when all the stats and game film prove otherwise. He had one major Lapse during the season that would've resulted in a Touchdown and a couple of other easy drops. I think he had 2 or 3 drops during the season. Which is amazing with Bray throwing 50 MPH wounded ducks to him. The body catching wasn't that prevalent in the 10 games I watched. "(Catching the ball away from the body and defender and then bringing into the chest is not a body catch.) Letting the ball hit the chest or stomach area first then wrapping your arms around the ball is a body catch." Not saying he didn't make body catches because he did, but so do most WR's on jump balls or correctly thrown slants and so forth.

The rest of the garbage that PFF is using as attempts wouldn't count for an attempt even in a fantasy world of Patterson hate.

Here's another case of misinformation for you..

Everyone said he had multiple drops in his pro day.......He had one drop during all of the drills where he got the most attention and pretty much every team had him running and catching. This was later reported by NFL.com that he only had one drop to discredit the misinformation coming out about Patterson.

Check some Smith highlights out while were talking about body catches, dude made a name of himself for the huge jump balls that he caught in the pit of his stomach. Could be why as he's got a high drop rate...oh wait he doesn't...

If you don't consider how Smitty catches jump balls and 7 routes body catches then Patterson doesn't have an issue with body catching either. (Not dissing smitty here, he's my favorite player on the team)

Pay attention to the jump ball against the Saints early in the video, clear body catch. Amazing catch as well and it's ridiculous that he got high enough in the air to make the catch the way he did.

eh man, you catch the ball where its comfortable once youve shielded the defender and youre in position. At that point, just make the play whatever way is most comfortable to you and then secure the ball. Sometimes catching into the stomach is even necessary because you dont want to give the defender a chance at it while you're pulling it in.

All depends on you're positioning tho. . but yeah Cpf96 is layin it down for you.

just sitting loling at kkl circular masquerade

"people put too much stock in 40!!s"

"no no no Patterson isn't very fast! Look at his 40 after all!!"

Lol

No way this guy makes it to the draft if the mods are worth their salt

Now I need to be banned for stating my opinion?

At what point did this become a Communistic Forum?

i find it funny that everyone claims patterson isnt a top 10 reciever but we pick at 14. at the end of they day if there was a julio jones, calvin johnson, or aj green in this draft we we wouldnt even get them because they would be top 7 picks. yes patterson is a little bit of a gamble but the only gamble is will he put in the work cause if he does he wont be a problem. if you expect his team to improve and get better from this point out we should never draft higher than 12. if we wont a future #1 and a replacement for steve smith i think patterson is our best option. cause if we go 8-8 or 9-7 like i hope we wont be getting a bonifide number 1 next year either

So Patterson is the only player in this draft that can develop into a number 1 WR?

So Patterson is the only player in this draft that can develop into a number 1 WR?

his immediate impact may be in question but with the if's aside i think he has the potential to be the best wr to come out of this class if he puts the work into it.

he's the most talented reciever just not the most polished

his immediate impact may be in question but with the if's aside i think he has the potential to be the best wr to come out of this class if he puts the work into it.

he's the most talented reciever just not the most polished

I don't agree with this. Patterson has he's skillsets but so do the other top WR's.

I think Hopkins hands and body control makes him very talented. He could be the best WR to come out this draft.;

I think Hunter size, speed and smooth route running makes him very talented. He could be the best WR to come out of this draft.

Austin explosive speed and agility with his versatility. Is like a Dante Hall with better WR skills. He could be the best in this draft.

Allen and Woods while they don't exile in any 1 category they are pretty good in all of them. Their Balance makes them very talented. 1 of them could turn out to be the best.

Then their could be a WR in the 3rd threw 6th rounds that could emerge as the best Wr. In this draft. Like Colston, Welker, and Cruz did.

That's the thing about this WR class. Their is no clear cut superstar. Just a bunch of maybe's.

Archived