• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Prospect Brandon Williams

TheRumGone

Then he'll probably be a career practice squad player, because there are better options who do exactly what he does but better (i.e. Hixon, Gettis). With said, it looks like a Williams vs. Rosario competition for the final tight end spot.

I mean I guess they could let Brockel be the third tight end (since he's listed as a tight end on the website) and have Zordich as the back-up fullback (which I wouldn't be opposed to), but Brockel is essentially the same thing as Hartsock; so I don't see the point in using him as a tight end.

Don't count out Beirtenstein at FB either.

I know you did not just mention Gettis...

At any rate, judging by the receiving core we have, Bryant is more likely to get a shot than not with Adams, Pilares and Edwards on the squad.

Yes, I mentioned Gettis. He put up excellent numbers with Jimmy Clausen/Keith Null/Brian St. Pierre/ Tony Pike as his quarterback's. A healthy Gettis, is a very solid player.

Also I know a lot of people want to get rid of AE, but Rivera keeps bringing his name up.

Out of the guys on the roster, I'm willing to bet that Gettis, AE, or Adams get that final wide receiver spot.

Gettis hasn't done squat in two years. The end.

It'll ultimately be up to Gettlemania but Gettis could be a goner, along with AE and/or perhaps Pilares.

Smith

LaFell

Hixson

Those are the only receivers thus far that have a spot. Edwards, Gettis and Pilares aren't guaranteed anything. They've been non-factors on STs and on offense. Ginn and Adams won't be granted any spot either. Ginn is a subpar WR and Adams has yet to master the art of ball security.

Gettis hasn't been healthy in two years, so that is a very poor argument.

Ginn will be on the roster for the sole reason of returning punts/kicks etc. anything he can bring at the wide receiver position is extra.

All I'm saying is that Bryant has an uphill battle. The Panthers roster is loaded with depth at the wide receiver position (no. 5-6) (David Gettis, Kealoha Pilares, Joe Adams, Lamont Bryant, James Shaw, Trey Diller).

At the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised to see a familiar name i.e. Gettis, Pilares, Adams, round out the roster over Bryant, Shaw, and Diller.

I don't see it that way. Gettis hasn't been productive in two seasons. That's a big deal.

My point is this competition is wide open. Edwards, Pilares, Gettis and Adams haven't impressed. So this off-season is basically a tryout for every receiver not named Smith, LaFell and Hixson. I wouldn't count out anybody who wasn't drafted.

Gettis put up solid numbers as a rookie (500 yards, 3 touchdowns) with one of the worst quarterback corps in NFL history and was hurt last year; that's the end of it... If he can get healthy, he becomes a talented wide receiver with great assets (speed, hands, height).

Now I agree that he hasn't proven anything in a while (this past year), but he's too talented (in my opinion) to just cut before he is given the opportunity to show what he can do when healthy.

This thread isn't about Gettis though, so I'm gonna stop right there.

Jesus! 6'4 250 and runs a 4.5?!?

Played basketball, catches with his hands, high leaper, good blocker?!?!?

This dude has insane potential and already seems to be quite polished. 

I will be pissed if he doesnt make the team. Should just go ahead and peg this guy as our 2nd TE if the FO is smart. 

Jesus! 6'4 250 and runs a 4.5?!?

Played basketball, catches with his hands, high leaper, good blocker?!?!?

This dude has insane potential and already seems to be quite polished. 

I will be pissed if he doesnt make the team. Should just go ahead and peg this guy as our 2nd TE if the FO is smart. 

Unless he completely fugs up, I think he makes the 53. If you think about all the "potential" our receievers( i know he is a TE) have he is just about one of the best. Being a good blocker really helps his case. But who knows, a million different things could happen between now and cuts.

Williams was apparently good at Basketball too. He had double-doubles consistently.

Yep, he set school records. He is an athletic freak for sure. Just hope he can put up a good showing, learn the playbook, and be an effective player for us. Even if it's just depth, we need an all-around talented roster.

Archived