• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Uniforms...

KillerKat

The road sweaters might be the sharpest in the NHL, but the home sweaters just have way too much red...

I get what your saying, I think it's clean and looks good though. It could use a little bit of black to make it pop a bit more.

The way it looks, they took the Olympic Canadian hockey sweater and replaced the logo's. lol

The marketing team in that video I posted said they were trying to recreate an original 6/ traditional look with the changes that were made. 

Keep in mind with jersey changes that the teams have to use Reebok's templates now. What should be telling is that the Stars are announcing changes to their sweaters tonight. I bet they also have the traditional clean look based off of Reebok's templates as well. 

The new Dallas jerseys look better than ours. I don't think we were limited. I think it was intentional to look like Team Canada.

6756_10152887394740215_1271114389_n.jpg

Same template though, Old school look with sleeve and base stripes. Away jersey has a yoke. I think the black makes the home jersey pop in most cases though. 

The Dallas jersey's are perfect.

They both have laces (which ours should)

They replaced some green with some black (which we should have done)

There logo is in the right place (ours is too high)

They used a secondary logo for the shoulders (the warning flag should be on the shoulders)

Finally our collar should have the warning flag on the outside, not the inside.

They used a secondary logo for the shoulders (the warning flag should be on the shoulders)

Yep, all this. I'd want more black though and some silver. I guess that's no longer going to be our 3rd color?

Yep, all this. I'd want more black though and some silver. I guess that's no longer going to be our 3rd color?

It's still on the jersey as an outline, but it's not the same silver as before. I think other then that they've eliminated the color from the jersey's. 

I watched the video and the only silver mentioned was used for back drop of the logo.

I personally don't care about the silver

For the home jersey

The stripes should be white-black-white (on the jersey and socks), not white-red-white.

The warning flag that is the logo on the third jersey needs to be on the shoulders of the home jersey.

The logo needs to be lowered to the center, not on the sternum. 

The warning flag needs to be on the outside of the back of the home collar, not on the inside.

For the away jersey

They should have laces on the away jersey

The warning flag should be in the yoke of the away jersey

The logo needs to be lowered to the center, not the sternum

The warning flag needs to be on the outside of the back of the away collar, not on the inside.

In my opinion, all it would take is those adjustments to make the sweaters flawless.

The only things I don't agree with are the Shoulder patch (unless it was pretty small) and the squares. The alt logo was done incorrectly and means that there's a tropical storm threat and a possible hurricane warning. It should be a Hurricane threat with the Hurricane standing right in front of you. lol 

The squares were never going to be visible though. The original intent of the redesign was to get rid of the squares and the warning flags. 

I actually think that the alt logo will get changed after the season along with the alt jersey. 

I understand that they went for a simplistic look with the home jersey, but you can't do that with the color red. The color red is not a simple collar, they essentially made the jersey too bold and decided not to tone it down by contrasting the color red with black.

I definitely agree that it would look better with some black. Heck even if it was just the Red stripe in the center being black on the base and sleeves. 

The only thing I don't agree with is the Shoulder patch (unless it was pretty small) or the squares. 

The squares were never going to be visible though. The original intent of the redesign was to get rid of the squares and the warning flags. 

I actually think that the alt logo will get changed after the season along with the alt jersey. 

The only reason it should be changed is because one flag signals a tropical depression and two flags signal a hurricane. Other than that, the hockey stick with a "hurricane" flag on it is flawless.

I'm not sure if they are designing them for the players or for marketing, because I can guarantee you that they will have a tough time selling those home one's. Everyone I have talked to says it's just too much red.

The away jersey will be a big seller, I think a lot of people really like those. Even people that are not fans of our team.

Archived