• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kugbila Game Footage: Is he worth the 4th round pick?

PantherFeez

you mentioning his over-extending reminded me of the thing i thought was the worst/most awkward about his game and that was cut blocking. the guy looked like a whale throwing itself on the beach. he just kind of landed and it wasn't really well disguised, either. the only disruption i saw it bringing was just the half a second it took for the defender to navigate over/around his big body laying on the ground. it didn't really take anyone out, which is probably a good thing because it might have resulted in a death certificate.

i do think that is either coachable or easy enough to work around. i just wouldn't have him do it, tbh.

Honestly believe they designed plays for the guys to cut block their defenders. Never really saw him do it when another linemen wasn't. You said you saw a lot of the games, were there times when it was only Kug cut blocking?

Honestly believe they designed plays for the guys to cut block their defenders. Never really saw him do it when another linemen wasn't. You said you saw a lot of the games, were there times when it was only Kug cut blocking?

don't really recall that. maybe a few times, but i was kind of narrowly focused on him. sorry.

there were several plays i looked at several times just to see what was going on, but i don't think one of the orca splashes was one of them.

In my purely unscientific opinion? He probably has a real good chance to prove he can start. Unlike Amini, he has experience at the G position.

If as I expect. He is being coached up, working hard, and preparing for the season as he should be? He may just get the chance to start. He is probably ahead of where Amini was at this point last year. That should bode well too.

Ah hellz, Maybe I am just trying to rationalize getting Hangman back to depth. I would rather see SCP starting over Hangman.

don't really recall that. maybe a few times, but i was kind of narrowly focused on him. sorry.

there were several plays i looked at several times just to see what was going on, but i don't think one of the orca splashes was one of them.

I may be mistaken. But if I remember correctly. We don't ask our linemen to cut block all that often. So if this is a weak part of his game? I don't see a reason to worry to much over it.

Can he keep the pocket from collapsing? If so, he is better than Hangman.

In my purely unscientific opinion? He probably has a real good chance to prove he can start. Unlike Amini, he has experience at the G position.

If as I expect. He is being coached up, working hard, and preparing for the season as he should be? He may just get the chance to start. He is probably ahead of where Amini was at this point last year. That should bode well too.

Ah hellz, Maybe I am just trying to rationalize getting Hangman back to depth. I would rather see SCP starting over Hangman.

Hey, ask Donnie Abraham (former TB Buc) about my RG skills after he intercepted a pass against us in like '94 when he was at ETSU. I had a 25 yard head start and the angle on him and he blew by me like I was standing still.

Hey, ask Donnie Abraham (former TB Buc) about my RG skills after he intercepted a pass against us in like '94 when he was at ETSU. I had a 25 yard head start and the angle on him and he blew by me like I was standing still.

I played two years against Brad Van Pelt. The only time he got me, knocked the wind out of me. I caught a slant, took two steps, and whammph. Shoulder pads to the chest all the way to the ground. He drove me so hard, I swear he oomphed when we hit the ground. The dude was 6-3 250 in high school. And that was back in the olden days before 300lb linemen.

I didn't like the part where I was the one on the ground gasping for air. Didn't like it at all.

Although he did go to State, so I can't hate on him.

Man, I hate vacations where you don't go anywhere. Stupid sick inlaws.

U ever watch Frank play?  Dude could definitely start for a lot of teams.

Yes, so that is one starter (for a lot of teams) in 10 years (unless you count the one season Branch started).

And he was not even our original 4th but a value pick that cost us a 3rd.

I still say a 4th rounder is hit and miss (or really miss, miss, miss, hit, miss, miss, miss), so I see no problem taking a chance on a guy projected later. 

Archived