• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Shula simplifying the offense?

SCP

The article you posted said nothing about simplifying the offense.

You get points for being a dog with a bone though.  You don't give up.....LOL

Somebody tell me again. Is a half-cent the tax that is going to build a new stadium, or the amount of the salary cap that is going toward offense? When the Bucs said Mike Shula was simplifying the offense, who knew they were talking about the point total?

I'm trying to be optimistic, but him doing the exact same thing now that he did in 1996 is making it difficult.

No you are not.  You have done nothing but take shots at him at every chance.  And what he is doing now is not what he did then unless you say that he has learned nothing in the last 17 years.  Who are you trying to kid?

No you are not.  You have done nothing but take shots at him at every chance.  And what he is doing now is not what he did then unless you say that he has learned nothing in the last 17 years.  Who are you trying to kid?

Because pointing out that he did the exact same thing when he was hired as OC in Tampa Bay is "taking a shot",

Be more dramatic.

So a smart remark by a reporter confirms they were simplifying the offense?  Again it might  be true but nothing you posted suggests that what he is doing now is anything like what he did in 1996.

Smart remark? He clearly states Shula simplified the offense, which he did, twice. Once initially and when it didn't work he further simplified it years later.

Stop arguing and listen once in a while.

Because pointing out that he did the exact same thing when he was hired as OC in Tampa Bay is "taking a shot",

Be more dramatic.

How do you know they are  anything alike.  You were a fan then and a photographer now.  Where do you get the football expertise to judge the differences?  Did you see the playbook then and now to compare?  Of course now.  Who is being dramatic??

What you see from the stands is what happened, not what is supposed to happen

How do you know they are  anything alike.

Never said they were. I like how you read a lot into things and assume you are correct.

All I am saying is that when he was hired in Tampa Bay he simplified the offense.

Now that he is OC again but in Carolina, he is simplifying the offense.

Is it the same offense? Certainly not. As the offenses he started with were different.

Smart remark? He clearly states Shula simplified the offense, which he did, twice. Once initially and when it didn't work he further simplified it years later.

Stop arguing and listen once in a while.

What exactly did he do back then?  Simplify the play calling, change the plays or the terminology. All of that makes a big difference. What was it like before the changes versus after?

Saying he is making changes is one thing.  Saying it is exactly what  he did 17 years is something very different. Stop throwing crap on the wall hoping something sticks,

What exactly did he do back then?  Simplify the play calling, change the plays or the terminology. All of that makes a big difference. What was it like before the changes versus after?

Saying he is making changes is one thing.  Saying it is exactly what  he did 17 years is something very different. Stop throwing crap on the wall hoping something sticks,

The fact that you are so completely defensive over it says more than what you are actually typing.

Carry on, padawan.

Never said they were. I like how you read a lot into things and assume you are correct.

All I am saying is that when he was hired in Tampa Bay he simplified the offense.

Now that he is OC again but in Carolina, he is simplifying the offense.

Is it the same offense? Certainly not. As the offenses he started with were different.

Don't play that crap.  Your whole implication was that he was doing exactly what he did in Tampa 17 years ago and that it was going to be the same thing.  

The fact that you are so completely defensive over it says more than what you are actually typing.

Carry on, padawan.

The fact is you have gone on for several threads for weeks bashing him and I called you on it.  Now you are backpedaling.  Funny...........

Don't play that crap.  Your whole implication was that he was doing exactly what he did in Tampa 17 years ago and that it was going to be the same thing.  

Me:

Hey, he is simplifying the offense here. He did the same thing in 96 with the bucs

You:

Rage_e2b5bb_844571.gif

Archived