• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hester Done In Chicago?

L-TownCat

I'm glad you are not our GM. Like I said we have Ginn as our return guy he is not that bad. Why waste money on a guy who will replace Ginn.

So we basically will pay Ginn to sit on the bench. SMH

We don't need another #3 option WR, if we are gonna sign another WR it should be a guy who can be the #1 WR and we don't have the money to do that right now. I would be all for this deal if we didn't sign Ginn but we did so we don't need to waste money on a player who does the same thing Ginn was brought here to do.

Never said I wanted the guy. Never said we should get him. What I did do was grab a small nugget of football news about a house hold name player, bring it to the attention of this forum and ask for opinions. You have given yours and I appreciate that but seriously you might want to try some comprehension skills before you go popping off at the mouth about what someone else "said".

Btw, PR and KR are two different positions. Hester would never play WR here which I think Ginn will.

Someone please tell me the last time Hester scored a return touchdown. My memory is short, but I don't remember him getting one last year. Didn't the announcers say it has been awhile since he reached the end zone when we played them last year?

Someone please tell me the last time Hester scored a return touchdown. My memory is short, but I don't remember him getting one last year. Didn't the announcers say it has been awhile since he reached the end zone when we played them last year?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HestDe99.htm

One TD last year and that was a receiving TD. He's not worth bringing him here, we already have players that can do what he did last year. But last year was not the first year he didn't have a KOTD or a PRTD, so...

Never said I wanted the guy. Never said we should get him. What I did do was grab a small nugget of football news about a house hold name player, bring it to the attention of this forum and ask for opinions. You have given yours and I appreciate that but seriously you might want to try some comprehension skills before you go popping off at the mouth about what someone else "said".

Btw, PR and KR are two different positions. Hester would never play WR here which I think Ginn will.

So you don't want the guy.

You don't think we should trade for him.

But you made a thread asking for opinions.SMH

So I gave my opinion and you get mad. Oh yeah you mad bro.

YOLO!

So you don't want the guy.

You don't think we should trade for him.

But you made a thread asking for opinions.SMH

So I gave my opinion and you get mad. Oh yeah you mad bro.

YOLO!

Ha! Yes I did make a thread asking for opinions. I'm pretty sure that's how a discussion forum works. You pick a topic and discuss it with others. And as far as wanting or not wanting Hester it all boils down to can he bring more to the table for us to win games. I like him as a player and our ST are utter garbage. He couldn't hurt us in that dept. but someone else mentioned saving money for a hardy extension which I support as well.

/dumb thread/ginn2.0/blahblahblah

Back to mashed potatoes for Fua trade threads.

We don't  need Hester but for less than 2 million he could be worth picking up.  In 2008 he had 51 reception for 655 yards. In 2009 it was 57 receptions for 757 yards.  And this is in Chicago where receivers go to die.  With Cam and a better system in place he would not only be a great returner but he would be a good receiver choice.  

Then again we have so many already do we need more or do we need to develop who we have?

Why would we want Hester? Why would we want anyone? Why do you breathe? Why do you post? So many valid questions here. The Hester one is the easiest so ill type this slowly for you.

1) 1.8 mil is too much for Chicago so he would probably be cheaper.

2) Are we so good at WR and our Dead Last Special Teams Units that we can scoff at the idea of Hester in a Panthers Uni?

3)and finally, on what planet could anyone be dumb enough to say we have Barner(6th round rookie project) so we don't need Hester(One of the greatest return men of all time)?

Lol I thought it was kind of odd seeing everyone on here say "we have Barner" Barner is a 6th round rookie. Thats just like saying "We dont need Charles Woodson, we got Lester, havent you heard!"

Lol I thought it was kind of odd seeing everyone on here say "we have Barner" Barner is a 6th round rookie. Thats just like saying "We dont need Charles Woodson, we got Lester, havent you heard!"

That's what I was thinking. I mean if getting Hester is such a far fetched idea, this team better be 14-2 or undefeated because we have all the talent we need. Our 6th round rookies are better than a guy with a HOF resume. I hope this is all true, I like barner, but I wouldn't call him the next devin Hester before seeing him play a down.

Nobody is saying we don't need Hester because we have Kenjon Barner...YOU were the one who read it that way. The original post you're referencing said we have Ginn/Barner so we don't need Hester, you completely ignored the other name there. I think we can all agree Ginn is one of the better returners in the league, and with Barner's skill set he has the POTENTIAL to be a solid return guy. So Ginn handling the return duties this season while "grooming" Barner to potentially take over those duties next season if we don't retain Ginn is why Hester isn't needed here (in my opinion of course).

Not to mention we have Hixon too who the staff has pointed out is a solid returner as well (although I doubt we'll use him there). So to sign Hester just seems like huge overkill to me, especially when we have some weaker positions at the moment.

Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken, Kraken,

we gotta save some $$ to resign the Kraken.

Next year is possibly Cam and the next is Kuechly and prolly Alexander will be showing out by then too.  Maybe Silatolu.

We have GOT to start thinking strategically (big picture) and leave the tactics (short term) to the coaches.

Gettleman knows what he is doing.

Nobody is saying we don't need Hester because we have Kenjon Barner...YOU were the one who read it that way. The original post you're referencing said we have Ginn/Barner so we don't need Hester, you completely ignored the other name there. I think we can all agree Ginn is one of the better returners in the league, and with Barner's skill set he has the POTENTIAL to be a solid return guy. So Ginn handling the return duties this season while "grooming" Barner to potentially take over those duties next season if we don't retain Ginn is why Hester isn't needed here (in my opinion of course).

Not to mention we have Hixon too who the staff has pointed out is a solid returner as well (although I doubt we'll use him there). So to sign Hester just seems like huge overkill to me, especially when we have some weaker positions at the moment.

I'm already conceding that Ginn will handle some of the returning duties. My point if you look at the op is Ginn/Hester>>>>>>Ginn/Barner/Hixon/pilares/Edwards etc....

So after you're done raging this should be clear to you as well.

Btw I know we have other positions that require attention and I fully expect us to address those first. This whole thing was just for discussion. If you're so offended by Devin Hester and Panthers in the same sentence I recommend Baseball or the NBA finals.

Archived