• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets / Bobcats draft Zeller

Zod

I graded it an F at first

Then actually read more about him and what the organization had to say about him.

Strong praise from Rich Cho.  Calling him the best big to come out of the draft in years.  Hes not a sexy pick, but might just win ROY award and become an all-star for years and we will all look back and say.."well darn."

post-1301-0-63334300-1372447835_thumb.jp

how about this from espn.com

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS | GRADE: C CHA.gif

Round 1: Cody Zeller (4)

Round 2: None

Analysis: We began hearing on Wednesday that the Bobcats were seriously considering Zeller at No. 4, although it was hard to believe they would take him -- and it would've been even more difficult to accept if we had known the Bobcats would be passing on Nerlens Noel and Ben McLemore to take Zeller.

I like Zeller's NBA potential, but this pick was a major reach. Zeller is athletic and was probably underrated, but he'll have to change his game dramatically to succeed in the NBA, and no one knows whether he'll pull it off. Shooting jumpers in workouts is one thing. In an NBA game, it's another.

The Bobcats have made some pretty bad picks during owner Michael Jordan's reign. I don't think Zeller will be a bust in the way that Adam Morrison and D.J. Augustin were. But I struggle to believe he'll have the career of Noel or McLemore. For the Bobcats' sake, I hope Zeller proves me wrong.

Archived