• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network is reporting...

sml1950

When he was adamant about wanting out, I was all for tagging him and seeing what we could get for him. Now that he's willingly, seemingly, to come back to the fold long term I'm all about it. It's just business.

:biggrinjester:

Do any of you guys ever read the comments on the observers blog....every single guy on there is planing on booing him, and I guess are pulling for him to fail as a player. It's amazingly retarded.

Yeah... there are some retards out there for sure but if I were making 1 mill per game I wouldn't give a rats ass what the fans said about/to me. :rolleyes:

Just to confirm that I didn't "mishear" this info, I watched the intro replay of Total Access. He said that Peppers recently met with FO personnel and was open to a long term contract. When pressed on this, he said that his source was solid and they were in the early stages of discussing a new contract. The drop dead date on signing a new contact is July 15, after which only the tender contract could be used.

I wonder what caused him to have a change of heart? I suspect Meeks might have had something to do with it. I also think he found out that he's more valuable to the Panthers than any other team.

since he hasn't reported to OTAs and hasn't seen the playbook it's almost certainly the latter

Archived